Red Sea box 130 fresh build for me

stillill

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2012
Messages
134
Reaction score
21
Location
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FE3199DF-555D-4920-B858-769A58737941.jpeg
i just bought a used Red Sea max 130. It has power compacts (for now) and the factory pump(for now). It has a few upgrades, media basket from intank and the surface skimmer overflow. I also have the media reactor over flow kit but waiting to get a reactor to run cheato in before I set that part up. I just got my live rock and some livestock. Mind you this tank is only a week old to me so please be nice to me lol.
 
Yeah looks really good, liking the max? lighting/space/design issues?
 
I do like the Max. I have bio cubes In the past and these are so so much better quality. Lighting is the compact fluorescents and yea they don’t have the pop of the leds... I do like the way coral looks under them tho... acan seems to love them and everything seems happy. Will be looking to get a reef brite actinic soon to help out. Space is amazing and really love the design. Over all my favorite all in one tank.
 
I’m looking to upgrade my power compacts with some kind of led strips to make the corals pop a little more. Been trying to do research to see what most people do. A lot of people trash the power compacts and do full led conversion but I personally like the power compacts and the way it makes the coral look during the day
 
There are these Exoxotic stunner strips on ebay, 28$ a pop then need a 24v transformer. Looks like the cool thing is could add 2 or like 10, lol depending on how much stunner you needed.
 
There are these Exoxotic stunner strips on ebay, 28$ a pop then need a 24v transformer. Looks like the cool thing is could add 2 or like 10, lol depending on how much stunner you needed.
I’m going to look into them. I have built my own diy led light before so I’m pretty handy with that stuff.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top