Red Sea energy plus - my review -

I've been using redsea for a month all I've noticed is now I have a hair algae problem. Dosing started at every other day knocked it back to once a week. One baby bounce is loseing color. Now after reading your post itll just be a giant bottle taking up room in the fridge
 
I've been using redsea for a month all I've noticed is now I have a hair algae problem. Dosing started at every other day knocked it back to once a week. One baby bounce is loseing color. Now after reading your post itll just be a giant bottle taking up room in the fridge
Same here hair algae up the ying yang. ‍♂️
 
I have a bottle on the way. My filter is designed to handle more than my tank size so it’s all dialled back. If I start to get algae I can turn my skimmer on at night (only on during the day) or extend the photo period of my chaeto fuge. Sounds like some people here have filtration that can only just handle their system, and when extra food is added they blame the nutrients in the food and not the ability of there filtration to remove excess.
 
I have a bottle on the way. My filter is designed to handle more than my tank size so it’s all dialled back. If I start to get algae I can turn my skimmer on at night (only on during the day) or extend the photo period of my chaeto fuge. Sounds like some people here have filtration that can only just handle their system, and when extra food is added they blame the nutrients in the food and not the ability of there filtration to remove excess.
Good luck sir. I'm sure its possible to impliment this product beneficially to your system with some adjustments. I had everything running perfect before use,that's what I'm going back to. Just can't help myself always trying to improve.
 
So, as I was excited like some of you I ordered the new Red Sea energy plus. I have been dosing acropower for a couple of month in full recommended dose daily.

with the understand that the Red Sea energy plus is mixed vitamins and amino and the acropower is an amino as well, so I dosed it little less than 50/50.

Oh boy, I didn’t see anything good except way more algae film on the front panel. Plus, it scared the crap out of the fish, they still do!

I guess I will cut back 1/4 or one day acropower and the next energy plus? Dang I bought the big bottle lol

Anyone got some positive experience on this?

What were you hoping it would do?
 
Why did it scare the hell outta the fish? After I started using the reef energy plus I quickly noticed that algae started growing quickly, so I lowered the dose and dose it only twice a week and now I have it dialed in, moderation is the key. By the way its works great in my mixed reef. Still wondering what kinda fish are scared of it, never heard that, my fish all think I'm feeding them.
20210102_125001.jpg
Amazing tank!! Fantastic!
 
So, as I was excited like some of you I ordered the new Red Sea energy plus. I have been dosing acropower for a couple of month in full recommended dose daily.

with the understand that the Red Sea energy plus is mixed vitamins and amino and the acropower is an amino as well, so I dosed it little less than 50/50.

Oh boy, I didn’t see anything good except way more algae film on the front panel. Plus, it scared the crap out of the fish, they still do!

I guess I will cut back 1/4 or one day acropower and the next energy plus? Dang I bought the big bottle lol

Anyone got some positive experience on this?
I dose 10ml on my Reefer 250 w ReefDose at 10pm daily. It is flourishing!
 
For those of you complaining about algae issues after using AB+, it doesn't mean the product is not doing the job its invented to do, enhance coral growth and colouration. Its just that you dont have the enough filtration system to use this product.

Up your game with your filtration and enjoy the success of what AB+ can bring.

Those who seen adverse negative effect right when they dosed, I'm sure you had your nutrient spiked, which the are not happy about.

Peace.
 
For those of you complaining about algae issues after using AB+, it doesn't mean the product is not doing the job its invented to do, enhance coral growth and colouration. Its just that you dont have the enough filtration system to use this product.

Up your game with your filtration and enjoy the success of what AB+ can bring.

Those who seen adverse negative effect right when they dosed, I'm sure you had your nutrient spiked, which the are not happy about.

Peace.

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
I have been testing this product for three straight years in a pico reef and my tank full of lps and sps can only handle 1 drop per gallon once or twice a week to avoid hair algae outbreak, it's a nutrient doser so that's no surprise.

in my opinion it legit helps corals fatten up but you don't max dose it from the gate, do 1 or 2 drops per gallon a while as you tune a response. *my system is concentrated and no skimmer so that's amplifying the dose effects compared to normal reefs but I can see a quicker growth time in sps in my opinion before I was using it/deeper colors too from my superman monti. I like the stuff. underuse it is my reco.

the specific mechanism by which it imparted better color to my reef IMO is feed and nutrient diversity, I was mainly feeding only one type of pods before sprucing things up with the carbs and aminos in the ab doser.
 
Just to give a little simple history on this current tank. I set it up 5 years ago last week and its a very populated reef full of all different kinds of corals and fish and all the different livestock is healthy, growing and colorful. I stopped doing water changes over 4 years ago. I manually dose everything so with that said in my eyes the corals grow and have great color and since I only add reef energy plus along with Red Sea ABCD colors it must be having a positive effect. Thats all I'm basing my succes with it on. Forgot if I posted a pick bit heres a few recent ones.
20210102_125001.jpg
20201205_225324.jpg
20201205_225324.jpg
20201205_225512.jpg
20201201_173755.jpg
Nice, that's my goal, only one year in but the goal is to do no water changes. May I ask how did you accomplish the no water changes plus feeding, I ask because yout tank loos pretty stocked, maybe fish and little feeding? Tha ks in advance
 
Nice, that's my goal, only one year in but the goal is to do no water changes. May I ask how did you accomplish the no water changes plus feeding, I ask because yout tank loos pretty stocked, maybe fish and little feeding? Tha ks in advance
Lots of rock, I feed the fish and eel every other day or two but I stuff em when I feed em. I use Nopox to keep nitrates and phosphates in check along with phosgaurd and carbon in the sump. I dose Red Sea ABCD for trace elements. There's a few other things but it's taken a couple decades to refine my own system to have a thriving ecosystem with no water changes.
 
Any updates on long-time users? I'm trying a bunch of different foods.

Does anyone keep AB+ at room temp and use a doser for convenience? Or everyone refrigerates like they specify?

My tank is ULNS so if it adds nutrients at a good ratio, I'm happy to switch to it and not use NeoNitro and NeoPhos.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top