red sea foundation colours and amino dosing

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

johnj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2018
Messages
482
Reaction score
215
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can I ask you guys if you would dose both red sea colours and brightwells coral amino with your red sea alk/calc/mag or could I just dose the brightwells amino ?

would dosing colours and amino be to much nutrients
 
If you mean Red Sea coral color A B C D, it has no overlap at all with amino acid products in terms if what is added. So there’s no reason you cannot use both if you think both are beneficial in your tank.
 
If you mean Red Sea coral color A B C D, it has no overlap at all with amino acid products in terms if what is added. So there’s no reason you cannot use both if you think both are beneficial in your tank.
thanks for reply Randy" ask because don't really know whot route im going with on new setup" just finished cycling"
iv got a ltr triton core 7 other method pack and 120ml bottle of brightwells coral amino! but don't know weather to go for red sea foundations alk/calc/mag instead of triton core 7 !

would you still dose amino with triton core 7 other methods as its more a complete system ?
and could you dose the 3 main red sea foundations without trace colours ! and just use the brightwells amino ?

thanks

just never dosed before as 1st setup
 
I’ve never felt the need to dose amino acids, but they may be useful in some tanks, especially low nutrient systems.

Completely agree. If you run a high nutrient rich tank, the addition of amino's will be very subtle. However, in my systems that run lower nutrients...I can immediately see the differences. Basically my corals were starving when I first started amino's. The colors became a lot darker and rich. I speaking specifically about Acropower. I thought it was likely snake oil for a while, but after observing these significant changes I became a customer. Let me post a pic of some Acropora that I nearly lost and had to frag small pieces in a last ditch effort to save them. This is before and after I started amino acids. I'll also post a video by Reef Spy and his experience with Acropower. I highly recommend it. NO...I'm not sponsored by two little fishes / Julian Sprung. lol.



 
wy do some call it snake oil if amino is used by lot of the best coral shops! im in the uk and not much info on use of amino in reefs" But don't really wont to run into the problems of ULN
 
For me...I feel like amino’s are liquid food that’s immediately available and the corals consume it quickly with little effort.

Honestly...I love the stuff and will never run a tank without a bottle close by.
 
For me...I feel like amino’s are liquid food that’s immediately available and the corals consume it quickly with little effort.

Honestly...I love the stuff and will never run a tank without a bottle close by.
do you dose your amino lights off ? and skimmer/carbon off mate"
 
do you dose your amino lights off ? and skimmer/carbon off mate"

Most individual amino acids won’t be skimmed out. It’s only possible with a couple of the more hydrophobic ones like tryptophan, and even then I doubt it is skimmed out much.
 
Most individual amino acids won’t be skimmed out. It’s only possible with a couple of the more hydrophobic ones like tryptophan, and even then I doubt it is skimmed out much.
does it make much difference if dosed lights on or off Randy
 
do you dose your amino lights off ? and skimmer/carbon off mate"

I try to dose after lights out when I can. I don't turn anything off. All the benefits I've observed were when everything was on and dosing in daytime.
 
When when say low nutrients vs. high nutrients what is the general range for each that is being referred to? I just hear a lot about high, low, luns, etc. and curious.
 
I got acropower this week and my btas look like showcase btas with their new blue hues. Haven't seen a significant difference in color in other corals yet, but the way my btas have used it, I'll be happy continuing it's use. BTW I have trace colors too, which I got a last month , but hardly any difference, in comparison to what acropower did... But maybe I wasn't lacking in what their product provides anyway. Just using as supplement.
 
I got acropower this week and my btas look like showcase btas with their new blue hues. Haven't seen a significant difference in color in other corals yet, but the way my btas have used it, I'll be happy continuing it's use. BTW I have trace colors too, which I got a last month , but hardly any difference, in comparison to what acropower did... But maybe I wasn't lacking in what their product provides anyway. Just using as supplement.
maybe we as fishkeepers wont to believe in all the hyped items on the market and hope it makes a big change in out corals
 
My experience is that amino acids do help. I notice an improvement when using and a definite degradation when use is discontinued. A lot more noticeable when low nutrient then not.
 
Completely agree. If you run a high nutrient rich tank, the addition of amino's will be very subtle. However, in my systems that run lower nutrients...I can immediately see the differences. Basically my corals were starving when I first started amino's. The colors became a lot darker and rich. I speaking specifically about Acropower. I thought it was likely snake oil for a while, but after observing these significant changes I became a customer. Let me post a pic of some Acropora that I nearly lost and had to frag small pieces in a last ditch effort to save them. This is before and after I started amino acids. I'll also post a video by Reef Spy and his experience with Acropower. I highly recommend it. NO...I'm not sponsored by two little fishes / Julian Sprung. lol.




I know this post was from back in September...but... how long before you started seeing changes in acro's. For example the pic's you show how long for that change to happen. Also any issues with alage, cyano etc etc. Thanks for posting
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top