Red Sea Nitrate Pro test kit and N03-P04X

billwill

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
534
Reaction score
397
Location
Oregon
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a month ago I got this Red Sea nitrate pro test kit. Had to use high range measurement and was showing about 16 ppm Nitrate. Not bad, but I wanted to get down to single digits. Started dosing their N03-P04X product, and my Nitrates went down to zero. However, the test kit has small bits of precipitate in it at end of test. That's leaving me wondering what's really going on. I haven't bought a different Nitrate test kit to confirm, but likely will. The small bits of precipitate are what have me scratching my head. Anybody else with these kind of results?
 
It is absolutely normal, don't worry about that. I get 0,0 readings and always precipitated stuff.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top