Red sea peninsula 500 - 2 newbue questions

craiguk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2020
Messages
43
Reaction score
29
Location
cambridge
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ordered an RS Pen 500 - been researching a lot, but two questions maybe people can help me out with 1) what automatic filter roll is best? I know I'll have to cut out the filter sick from the sump. Does the clarisea 5000 then fit, and us the plumbing difficult? Or is there a better option? 2) Red sea only seem to deliver curbside -- is it then a 4-person job to get it the 60ft into the house?
 
In my case, the driver moved the skid into the garage.
I'm sure that these roll feeders work but long term I have doubts. After claisea goes out of business where will you get filter material and replacement parts?
 
ordered an RS Pen 500 - been researching a lot, but two questions maybe people can help me out with 1) what automatic filter roll is best? I know I'll have to cut out the filter sick from the sump. Does the clarisea 5000 then fit, and us the plumbing difficult? Or is there a better option? 2) Red sea only seem to deliver curbside -- is it then a 4-person job to get it the 60ft into the house?
Hello, I can only answer a little part of your 1st question regarding the filter roller. While doing my research on the automatic filter roller, it was recommended that if you are going to use a filter roller then do it before you setup the sump.
Then regarding your 2nd question. My tank was delivered by my LFS and they took apart the pallet at the store. I had only 2 guys to move the tank itself from my garage into my living room area until I built the stand, distance was definitely more than 60ft, they did use some big suction cups to help with lift and stabilize the tank. I then had 3 guys put the tank onto the stand once it was built.
 
Last edited:
ordered an RS Pen 500 - been researching a lot, but two questions maybe people can help me out with 1) what automatic filter roll is best? I know I'll have to cut out the filter sick from the sump. Does the clarisea 5000 then fit, and us the plumbing difficult? Or is there a better option? 2) Red sea only seem to deliver curbside -- is it then a 4-person job to get it the 60ft into the house?
I’m still setting up my RS500P...
1) There‘s a fair bit of modification to remove the filter sock baffles and pipeworks for the CLARISEA 5000 to fit. I eventually decided against it and went ahead to convert the stock ATO into ATS instead.
2) The tank itself took 4 person to carry up a flight of stairs (about 10 linear meters).
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top