Long overdue update!
Changes:
-Added Diamond goby, disappeared without a trace after house sitter failed to alert me on low temp alarm due to failed ATO
-2 more Diamond gobies added and lost. One jumped, one apparently stopped breathing and was found in the claw of an emerald crab.
-Kole tang added and died a couple mo the later. Apparent respiratory distress sudden onset, no cause of death identified.
- started religious weekly 10 gallon water changes
- started dosing Liquid Reef at the advice of LFS. Did not appear to have any positive effects, SPS appeared less happy if anything. Stopped dosing it.
-started dosing ALK and calcium, corals all seem generally happier. (LFS showed me evidence of low alk, calm and Ph which promoted this.
-added 2 power heads for surface agitation
- added Acan Lord frag, love the orange color. However, caugh emerald crab red handed feasting on it. Emerald crab will be banished to sump or something, currently in quarantine box. DO NOT TRUST EMERALD CRABS! They eat SPS and I believe they “help” fish die, especially bottom dwellers
-added a couple SPS frags, my first time in the hobby trying these
-added rainbow BTA, successfully hosting clowns after spending a week together in quarantine box
ONGOING ISSUES:
-I cannot get my wall hammer coral to stay consistently happy and open. I think it was getting too much light previously under the Kessil at 8 or so inches below the water line, moved him down to the sand. Fingers crossed
-BTA won’t stay still. Had to pull him off the power heads twice so far, luckily no serious physical damage.
-I honestly have no idea the PAR levels in any given area of my tank. Have ordered a PAR meter from BRS to place my frags more intelligently
-Hanna salinity tester doesn’t stay calibrated for more than a couple weeks at a time. I highly recommend not buying one. Have to rely on refractometer.
THANKS FOR READING! New pics below, I welcome any and all questions or comments!!!