Red Sea Reefer 525XL Gen 1 2017 model

BelleScot

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
30
Location
Jupiter
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for having me. My Reefer 525XL Gen 1 model year 2017 had the glass separate yesterday. 50 gallons on the floor. I was able to stop the leak but i'm on a time crunch to get another tank. I had my tank build into the wall so only a Red Sea Reefer 525XL G2 or similar would fit the part. I have about 6 days left before my animals are in trouble. If anyone has any advice i'm all ears. Thanks and Regards, Ryan

Red Sea 10396.PNG
 
firstly, welcome aboard the r2r board!

are there any local reefers in your area who can help with rehousing the live stock up until you get squared away? perhaps having some bins on standby to house everything (if you haven't done this already).
 
ThankYou, We are game planning. I have reached out to some friends. So far I have the tank stable and maintaining. Working hard to get a replacement. The tank is holding as I was able to rig the glass. It wont last long. Just happened yesterday afternoon.
 
Welcome to the party, it's a great place to be! There's a ton of great information and people here! Be sure to start a build thread on the new tank! So sorry to hear you're another victim of a Red Sea failure! Hopefully you can get something quickly and not lose any livestock!

Hello GIF by DJ Khaled
 
Welcome to r2r
That’s all you need if you cannot get a new tank maybe big tubs and set your gear up in it . What area are you from maybe someone might have a tank that size sat about for sale
 
Thanks for having me. My Reefer 525XL Gen 1 model year 2017 had the glass separate yesterday. 50 gallons on the floor. I was able to stop the leak but i'm on a time crunch to get another tank. I had my tank build into the wall so only a Red Sea Reefer 525XL G2 or similar would fit the part. I have about 6 days left before my animals are in trouble. If anyone has any advice i'm all ears. Thanks and Regards, Ryan

Red Sea 10396.PNG
Sorry to hear and we have an array of persons with Red Sea tank issues from leaks to glass blowouts
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top