Red Sea Reefer 625 XXL add casters??

Thecornerpunch

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever put their tank on casters so that you can move it slightly from time to time? I realize these are very heavy so am not planning to move much if at all but thinking if ever I want to change anything that requires us to get behind the tank that it might be good to have on casters. In particular has anyone put casters on the Red Sea Reefer stands? I also realize that having an open tank and moving it will cause the water to jostle and possibly spill slightly.
 
The tank is supported by 20+ legs along the bottom. It also weighs almost 3000 LBS when full. I would imagine if you built a sturdy, flat base under the stand and then put it on some pretty heavy casters it would work, else youd need a caster for every spot a leg would be.

Doable? Anything is
Practical? My vote is no
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top