Red Sea REEFMAT 1200 on Cade 1500

Huskervu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2022
Messages
21
Reaction score
20
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setup my new REEFMAT 1200 on my Cade 1500. No mods and seems to be working well for 3 weeks now. There’s unused space in the sump though, should I think about moving things around and maybe removing the filter sock area?

Current setup: REEFMAT -> Reef Octopus 200-Int -> Refugium -> Return

EBF787AD-F5CF-4506-B411-D14C33D699EA.jpeg A94409D0-2979-4C5D-ACE9-4979DECC483D.jpeg
 
On my Red Sea 750 I removed the filter socks/glass and expanded the overflow return chamber into a large/extended media/refugium area (I don't actually run a refugium - but it gave me a lot of space for bio media).

How do you like your Reef Mat so far? I'm running the 500 model (1200s are still hard to come by in Canada).
 
Upvote 0
Setup my new REEFMAT 1200 on my Cade 1500. No mods and seems to be working well for 3 weeks now. There’s unused space in the sump though, should I think about moving things around and maybe removing the filter sock area?

Current setup: REEFMAT -> Reef Octopus 200-Int -> Refugium -> Return

EBF787AD-F5CF-4506-B411-D14C33D699EA.jpeg A94409D0-2979-4C5D-ACE9-4979DECC483D.jpeg
I have the cade 1800 just trying to figure out how you connected the reef mat. Do you have the 1 1/2 plumbing? Thanks in advance
 
Upvote 0
I have the cade 1800 just trying to figure out how you connected the reef mat. Do you have the 1 1/2 plumbing? Thanks in advance
I ordered a reducing coupler from Coralvue.
40/32mm Metric Reducing Coupling

 
Upvote 0
I ordered a reducing coupler from Coralvue.
40/32mm Metric Reducing Coupling

Just to add Cade uses Metric.
 
Upvote 0
I ordered a reducing coupler from Coralvue.
40/32mm Metric Reducing Coupling

Guess a lot of people are buying this since it’s out of stock. Had to get a 5 pack off Amazon. Adding a 1200 to my 1200.
 
Upvote 0
Guess a lot of people are buying this since it’s out of stock. Had to get a 5 pack off Amazon. Adding a 1200 to my 1200.
How did you install it? :) Do you still have room for the refugium, or is it 'fuge bye bye'?
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top