Red Sea's new Reef Energy AB+ is a fail.

I couldn’t keep SPS alive longer than 3 months in my system I tried 5 different species. They all perished. I am only doing what I am successful with now so I am focused only on LPS and soft corals. They love a dirty tank and thrive the most in those conditions. Also easier for me as well to keep them. :) I use 2ml of AB+ daily, and brightwell restore for 2 weeks if I see any fleshy damage. Brightwell restore doesn’t work on Sps only Sps and LpS. Heal time is usually about that from my own knowledge. After they just grow on top of the damage.
I’m experiencing something similar - LPS is thriving, SPS (minus birdsnest and digitata) do not and Im pretty sure at this point its nitrates. Funny enough I actually got the AB+ hoping it’d help the SPS but might be making it worse.

The good news is I don’t find these SPS sticks all that appealing anyway so good riddance, LPS are much more interesting
 
They hyped up for months that this new product would not need refrigeration and could be set up on a doser. Now that it is (finally) out, the directions say to refrigerate after opening. This is a fail on Red Sea's part and I am severely disappointed. I will not be buying anymore Red Sea products...

I use this Red Sea product and have no complaints about it personally. Since using 4ml daily, I've notice great growth with all my corals. No dosing equipment used. Just ke walking to the frig, pouring 4ml into little cup it came with and pour into tank shutting off display pumps. My spin nozzles move it around my entire tank.
 
At 4ml a day for SPS, that's 28ml in a week. The smallest bottle is 250ml. So I'm going to waste 222ml ever week? Measure out exactly 28ml and put that in my dosing container for my pump to never prime that little amount of solution?

I'll stick with a product that doesnt need refrigeration. Red Sea lied to us.
Refill an empty bottle with your weekly amount needed and refrigerate the rest
 
Hey everyone, I was researching this product to see if dosing A&B can cause hair algae break out. I think I found my answer.
I have a small tank (65 gal) with some small sticks. Tried dosing 3ml a day. After the first week, I stopped. Noticed a tiny bit of hair algae.
I started only dosing 2ml just 2x a week. Well, now I got a bloom of hair algae. I guess it won't work for my tank. But as they say, everyone's tank is different. If it works for you that's great. In fact, if your in my neighborhood, feel free to stop by , got almost full bottle in fridge. You are welcome have it
 
Hey everyone, I was researching this product to see if dosing A&B can cause hair algae break out. I think I found my answer.
I have a small tank (65 gal) with some small sticks. Tried dosing 3ml a day. After the first week, I stopped. Noticed a tiny bit of hair algae.
I started only dosing 2ml just 2x a week. Well, now I got a bloom of hair algae. I guess it won't work for my tank. But as they say, everyone's tank is different. If it works for you that's great. In fact, if your in my neighborhood, feel free to stop by , got almost full bottle in fridge. You are welcome have it
Things that boost coral growth will boost algae growth.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top