Red VS Green seaweed for Tailspot Blenny?

Red VS Green seaweed for Tailspot Blenny?

  • Green Seaweed

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red Seaweed

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .

I<3Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2017
Messages
94
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red or Green seaweed? What's better between the two? Or are there better alternatives for tailspot blenny's? My blenny has been looking weak and I'm noticing he only eats the bring shrimp I feed not the new life spectrum pellets....even though the pellets are more nutritional.
 
The color of the algae doesn't really matter, if it doesn't eat it initially, try soaking it in a few drops of garlic additive and you can also soak it in slecon to add some beneficial vitamins.
 
Get what they call tang heaven Gracilaria parvispora (Hawaiian name: long red ogo). Its living not dried. It might nip at that. I have found you need to have live algae in your tank for it to survive. You can try other live foods but since they are herbivores, they may not touch it. Also try dry seaweed strips on a clip.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top