Reef Keeping Horror Story- Picture heavy ;)

Man you scared the crap out of me... Seeing the thread title and the first pic, I didn't even want to scroll down further thinking I was going to see dead corals and total destruction... You handled it very well. Great job. I wouldn't call this a horror story, but a great effort at handling a bad situation.
 
Whoa. Hopefully everything works out this time around. Honestly, I've never seen a rimless bowfront tank before. Maybe it'll be the last time
 
Whoa. Hopefully everything works out this time around. Honestly, I've never seen a rimless bowfront tank before. Maybe it'll be the last time

yea in hind site i dont know why i didnt think the lack of supports wasnt alarming...
25'' tall tank with only 2 seams and NO supports or bracing... i mean DUH! lol
stupid thing was it came in the box BRAND NEW... so i dunno if it just wasnt completed at the factory or what.... very strange and unfortunate for me haha
 
Man I know the aggravation of setting up / breaking down tanks in a hurry this hobby can take you for a loop glad you stuck it out the new tank is beautiful enjoy it !!
 
Woah! You have an awesome attitude. I am very sorry for the lost man. Hopepfully some locals will hook you up with free corals to replace the lost ones.

I am in the process of building a new tank and this is always on the back of my mind... I guess this is another reason for me to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best! lol
 
dangit I knew better to read this just got down looking at all the seams in my tank for the last 20 min lol. But I must say awesome job I think I would have bailed on the ref after the 2 nd time awesome job
 
Just watched your video, beautiful! I remember reading your thread right after the second tank failed and feeling so bad for you. Your perseverance and hard work has definitely paid off. You have an awesome aquarium.
 
Digging in the graveyard for this thread, shortly after this whole escape i moved into my own house. And have been tankless for years now.
Well Jan 2020 i said that was enough and am starting up a new system! can never fully kill the passion that is reef keeping.
ill start a new tank thread :)
 
Glad to have you back! Looking forward to seeing your new tank build!

I have been in and out of the hobby for 20 years and even after all of the ups and downs, I still find myself back. I too just set up a new 120 gallon tank after a few years out. Once you have the bug you always have the bug.

Best wishes.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top