Reef Octopus Calcium Reactor making me go insane!!!

8D336492-4A3A-4BA9-9C20-93024383C140.jpeg

hi made this change whereby I can close both recirc valves then I attach a long piece of tube to the valve closest the reactor. close the main output valve and then allow the co2 recirc become the outlet and after a few minutes put it all back together and resume as normal - no more trapped air
 
8D336492-4A3A-4BA9-9C20-93024383C140.jpeg

hi made this change whereby I can close both recirc valves then I attach a long piece of tube to the valve closest the reactor. close the main output valve and then allow the co2 recirc become the outlet and after a few minutes put it all back together and resume as normal - no more trapped air

This method worked very well for me. I also shook the reactor lightly to dislodge bubbles, which were then purged easily.
 
I've dealt with the same in my CR200. I closed the recirculation valve and let the reactor run for a few days. Once all the bubbles coalesced at the top of the reactor, I disconnected the recirculation line and topped off the reactor with water through the port. This displaced all of the trapped gas at the top. Now I can run the recirculation line and the reactor is not sucking air. Effective, but I like the idea of creating some pressure to do it without disconnecting things.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top