Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

Hi Robb,

In truth your email is a bit different from what happened. You emailed us on 2/8 and i emailed you on the same day. Then you emailed us next on the 14th and i responded on the 16th. You emailed us on the 17th saying you had replaced the lights. I read this line and assumed you were done. In the same email - you asked for a repair quote and i did not read that. As my kids say - that is my bad.

I apologize for missing that.

Rick

Well bro it 3/1 and still light don't work and no answer from you guys on repair cost. First email I asked if you had any idea on what could be wrong and if there was I way I could fix the,, you send me to link. So look at it how ever I have been blown off on getting the lights fixed. I would think they would last over 2 years. And you still did not say a repair cost.
 
Thinking about purchasing this light for a frag tank . Though I noticed some of the bulbs look brown. Maybe they are blown out or on the way out? What do you guys think ? The seller says the lights turn on and there are no bulbs out.
fvzxvxcvxc.PNG
 
By the way is reef radiance still around. I no longer see them post. I havent seen them talking about new lights or sales. I also got an email from them a few months ago about a closeout sale. Did they go out of business?
 
By the way is reef radiance still around. I no longer see them post. I havent seen them talking about new lights or sales. I also got an email from them a few months ago about a closeout sale. Did they go out of business?

No longer a sponsor here either.
 
Check out sbreef light
What, do these companies take turns on trying out chinese lights ? lol I have no problem with chinese lights, but im just saying. I had reef radiance Dm-1553 for years with zero issues. Grow corals just as good as any high-end light.
 
Sbreef lights look good. My only dislike is their appearance. Im quite tired of the "Big Black Box" look. Ill look more into them though
 
What, do these companies take turns on trying out chinese lights ? lol I have no problem with chinese lights, but im just saying. I had reef radiance Dm-1553 for years with zero issues. Grow corals just as good as any high-end light.
mine went out about a year ago use T5 now and trust me i can tell the difference in growth from led to T5 especially in SPS
 
Yeah they are kind of bulky but i havent been this impressed about anything. Amazing coloration, even more amazing growth.
Sbreeflights all the way
 
I dont know why they havent changed the look on the "black boxes", even if it means having the drivers away from the actual fixture , and on the power cord. Kinda like Orpheks Leds style.

I always thought about doing this myself, making a box for the drivers. and making a nice slim case for the actual fixture out of acrylic.
 
I dont know why they havent changed the look on the "black boxes", even if it means having the drivers away from the actual fixture , and on the power cord. Kinda like Orpheks Leds style.

I always thought about doing this myself, making a box for the drivers. and making a nice slim case for the actual fixture out of acrylic.

That would be SO much more appealing if they did as you say, and made them look somewhat like Orphek's Atlantic fixtures. I'd have no problem hiding the drivers with the other electrics. I imagine they might even gain in popularity with a more modern look. I've been using a reef breeders photon 48 on my frag tank for over a year now with great results, but that bulky black box....ughh
 
Sbreef lights look good. My only dislike is their appearance. Im quite tired of the "Big Black Box" look. Ill look more into them though
Have you taken a look at the Reef Breeders Photon V2? They use Cree LEDs and have a slim aluminum build at under 1" thick. Definitely something that would look great in a living area instead of your everyday black box fixture.
 
Have you taken a look at the Reef Breeders Photon V2? They use Cree LEDs and have a slim aluminum build at under 1" thick. Definitely something that would look great in a living area instead of your everyday black box fixture.
Yes I saw it, its gorgeous! Thats exactly what Im talking about. I joined your giveaway hoping to win to try it out, then il buy more for the rest of my tanks .
 
Thinking about purchasing this light for a frag tank . Though I noticed some of the bulbs look brown. Maybe they are blown out or on the way out? What do you guys think ? The seller says the lights turn on and there are no bulbs out.
fvzxvxcvxc.PNG
You're loosing most of the par/ and spectrum from those LEDs I tested that with a par meter. The same thing happened to my old photon 32, all of the blue LEDs melted/burned on the top, but still worked , my photon was out of warranty I think I've had it for over 3-4 years. I contacted ReefBreeders, to purchase some replacement bulbs, after talking to Logan, he told me that a the light had a faulty led board itself and sent me out a brand new board for free, no questions asked. I think i paid like 20 dollars for the shipping. So if you are on the market for another LED then definitely give Photon a some thought, in case anything like this happens they don't try to beat around the bush.
IMG_3550.JPG
 
No longer a sponsor here either.
Is there a reason why Rev that you're able to disclose? I'm having an issue with them as we speak and need to know if I should take further action.
 
Is there a reason why Rev that you're able to disclose? I'm having an issue with them as we speak and need to know if I should take further action.

No reason I know except the slow down of summer. May be more to it or nothing I don't really know.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top