Reef Radiance led light..OMG..What a light....

Did he by chance mention anything about the lumentek controller replacements? Haven't heard or seen any progress on this and do not want this to just fade away

Good question, I'm also interested.
 
I got mine several months ago and played with it for a few days, then parked it until I get the 150g reef ready. Is there a problem with the 240 Lumentek's controller ?????
 
I emailed Rick about a month ago regarding a new controller for my 240 and did not receive a reply. I went on vacation last week, luckily my lights did not get stuck on at 100%. That's a bigger concern than the clock issue, IMO.
 
The clock issue is more of an inconvenience than anything. It's the mode switching that's the concern. This has been known and discussed since March/April and I have yet to see anything done about it.

I have since sold my lights, but myself and the buyer, who is a friend of mine, expects to see this situation resolved one way or another. Or if it's not being resolved then to just come out and say it
 
Has anyone cracked open a Lumentek 180 yet? I am wondering how the controller is built. Because instead of a replacement maybe an alternative would be a typhoon controller or the Bluefish LED controller?

So the issue is the clock time correct? I will check this tonight. If it is off I will call Reef Radiance and inquire and report back.
 
Last edited:
Ok here is what i know right now.. Reef Radiance has stopped selling the unit, so I think if we have any issues with the light it would be with the manufacturer? If the issue is with the time and settings issue maybe an alternative is purchasing another controller?

I will try to invest time in this over the next few days. If it is ran by the Meanwell LDD drivers than I will go with a Bluefish controller.
 
I know they were working on the settings issue. Not sure where it stands now. I will also try to get some more info
 
I received my DP165p this morning !

In the instructions for downloading the App. it says to go to this page below, but when I do a window says,.... "Page Not Found. Sorry, the page you are looking for does not exist".
Now what ?

http://www.reefradiance.com/dm165p.apk
 
Last edited:
I also have a Lumentek 240 pro. Why should we have to fix a defect in their so-called flagship Light. I'm extremely dissapoint with the way this is being handled. I am also not satisfied with the coverage I get from this light on a 4' tank. I sent a service request on there website months ago and was not satisfied with the responce I got. I can't believe it takes this long to program a clock to count time correctly. Sorry for the rant just really dissapointed with this issue and the light.
 
Yes there is an issue with the link hiss. Just told rick about it and they are in the process of working on it. He said it should be up today
 
Waiting on a pair of DM-165E's that I ordered. I already have my Apex set up and waiting. Of course my Deep Blue light has fully crapped out on my while I am waiting. I had to rig up a LED shop light for a couple of days...

"Waiting on these 'lights' is like waiting on babies.." - Wu
 
Hi guys,

apparently we did not give our it guys enough sugar - they put the program in the wrong directory on our server - the root directory apparently does not work for this........ Like i know what a root directory is....... (-: ..... Should be up and working in a few minutes...... Let me know if you have any other questions..................

Rick
 
Hi Nevil,

Read your rant - (-: I totally agree that no one should ever have to wait for a light to do what it was designed to do. I have asked the factory to address the two problematic issues with 2% of the LUMENTEK lights - and yes I know it sucks to be one of the 2% - one is the clock time changes and the other is mode changes that are not programmed by the user. Since this involves sending in the light in most cases - then I must make sure both issues are fixed at the same time AND permanently fixed. I am not going to do a quick fix and then have to redo it again in a few months. I am very well aware of the issues with this light and am on the factory weekly as this needs to get fixed. I would like to talk to you directly about your thoughts on coverage and such - please call me at the office at your convenience. The number is 925 658 4533 - please PM me your name so I know who you are when you call.

Rick
 
I emailed Rick about a month ago regarding a new controller for my 240 and did not receive a reply. I went on vacation last week, luckily my lights did not get stuck on at 100%. That's a bigger concern than the clock issue, IMO.

Hi Kaoscoder - I don't handle service - you would not want that - lol - but forward all service-related emails to our service department. Please send me the date and time you emailed me so I can see why you did not get a response.

Rick
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top