Reef Raft Asia Nauti...is it bleaching?

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2015
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
2,118
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my Reef raft Asia nauti bleaching? Or is something eating at it? I can’t see any pests and I dipped and inspected carefully when I added it, so I’m assuming it’s bleaching but every other coral looks great so I’m not sure what’s going on. Aside from that one spot it seems to be looking fine and as has all along except for this white spot which I didn’t notice yesterday but it doesn’t seem to be spreading.

I attached my tank long with all my parameters below as well, except for temperature which has been at a constant 77.5 F.

Only somewhat non-stable parameter has been phosphate which has dropped a from .129 ppm to .080 ppm in the day it’s been in there and salinity dropped .001 because I topped off with a little over a gallon of RO while acclimating the two new fish. Fed fish a pinch of rods and fed the tank a pinch of reef roids, have been dozing polyp lab reef refresh, so I would think the corals have enough good nutrients and trace elements in the water column but maybe it needs more? Stress from shipping?

I’d appreciate any thoughts.
527CDC47-3A5B-4ECC-8065-331BB938A01D.jpeg
6FE3B1AD-0EFB-4B4C-BCAA-9F8A254337AD.jpeg

504A7967-9125-40AF-B8B3-5ED6869D3D74.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Yea it is. I had one and lost it shortly after it looked like your pics.

Any idea what caused yours to bleach? Everything else on the frag rack looks fine. I’m gonna try to check the par now but I can’t imagine the light is too intense.
 
Any idea what caused yours to bleach? Everything else on the frag rack looks fine. I’m gonna try to check the par now but I can’t imagine the light is too intense.
Mine bleached when I added t5’s to my kessil’s. I’d try to keep it low if you can until it starts to recover.
 
I'm not sure that's bleaching... Sure monti eating nudis aren't present?

On a side note, awesome looking sunfire cap. If you do have nudis try to nip them i the bud before they get to it.
 
Mine bleached when I added t5’s to my kessil’s. I’d try to keep it low if you can until it starts to recover.

If it stops there at least it’s a tiny spot. My lights are almost off for tonight so gonna have to wait until tomorrow to test par.
 
Last edited:
I still think that looks like death, not bleaching.
 
I still think that looks like death, not bleaching.

I was wondering why it would bleach on the part of the coral getting the least light and not necesssrily from any of the edges. It might just be dying, I see very little if any polyp extension.
 
I'd check it for nudis. Look for little fuzzy things on the underside and/or anything that can look like eggs. Also flash a light on it at night and see if you can see any crawling on it.
 
I inspected the thing a few times pretty dang closely and didn’t see anything. And inspected everything and scraped the edges even more closely before I put it in the tank, but easy to miss something. I’ll try the flashlight after lights out.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top