Reef Savvy or Tropical Aquarium Manufacturing?

Reef Savvy or Tropical Aquarium Manufacturing

  • Reef Savvy

    Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Tropical Aquarium Manufacturing

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    5

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2015
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
359
Location
West Virginia
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I will eventually have a build for large aquarium, looking at a 500-700 gallon aquarium in a peninsula style tank with a room divider. Curious to which company would be best?
 
Depends on your funds. [emoji3] Reef Savvy tanks are works of art and at 500 to 700 gallons that would be a chunk of change. I have seen large Reef Savvy tanks of friends and they are very well built and I would feel safe that I wouldn’t have a seam break at that size due to the way Felix makes his corner seals. I have never seen a Tropical Aquarium tank so I can not speak for their work.
 
Reef Savvy certainly has a great reputation, though I've recently stumbled across a company that seems to be worth considering: TankmeUSA.
 
Jason Fox recommended Tropical Aquarium Manufacturing to me at a show. Said they built his 700 gallon tank he has. I personally don' know anything g about them.
 
I have not heard of Tropical Aquarium either, so I can't really comment on them. You sure got their name from a very reliable source. Where are they located?

I do have a "small" (125) Reef Savvy, without a few of the bells and whistles. Felix was awesome to deal with. I know I am more than happy with the quality of the tank, although it is not even close to the size you are talking about. A Reef Savvy tank that size will come with some significant sticker shock. There is also quite a waiting list, so not sure what your time frame to get the tank would be. Might be 6 months, might be a year.

The thread below is a 600 gallon tank that Felix built (on site), if you are interested in seeing a sampling of his work. Maybe @aquavista99 can chime in here. You can check out their Facebook page also, because Felix routinely posts pics of tanks he has just finished, before they get crated up.

Aquavista99's 600 Gallon
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top