Reef2Reef Rocks! I'm new here check out my build!

Did you know clownfish mate for life and report of 2 oscellaris in captivity were 34 yrs old in 2013

  • Yes

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

    Votes: 4 66.7%

  • Total voters
    6

islandbreeze

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2016
Messages
77
Reaction score
36
Location
Lee county
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So first off I'd like to say that I've scoured the web for info on the tons of topics reef related and I've probably learned more in this site then any other internet wise... (let's not forget delbeck and sprung lol). I love how everyone updates regular new material and there many intelligent reefers on here, not much bs. Alright well it says here to say a little about myself

My love is the reef I grew up here in SW Florida diving, spearing, kitebaording and loving the underwater world w my family since I was 12. Had a reef ongoing when I was 17-25 loved it. It was loaded and hurricane Charley killed it. I was traumatized and said I would never love a reef tank again, the species I lost so special to me. Well that was long time ago and I finally got the bug again after buying a small 29cube off a college kid on Craigslist for 125 bucks loaded w critters and tons coralline algae, the tank was also riddled w hair algae so I could tell it was only recently abused. To be honest I fell in love with the watchman goby and 2 oscellaris he Sayed laid eggs in the past. He was leaving for school and they would probably end up dead as he knew no one he said. I felt bad. Well after owning the tank going on 2 yrs now I've delved deep into clown breeding, and ultimately I'm trying to build a super system that I can house thousands of clowns and corals euphillias and acans primarily.
I've hatched over 45 hatches and traded thousands of clowns in the meantime so I'm stepping up to designer clowns and started aquaculture license last year. Having fun, here's what 3 sixty gallon tanks off Craigslist has turned into. Built everything from scratch. Took me about a yr honestly. Guess this app not uploading pics so I'll try my computer. Thanks for reading! Cheers, Adam
 
Welcome! But c'mon, man! You can't come on here talking about aquaculturing and breeding designer clowns and not post pics of your setup! I'm anxiously awaiting those pics.
 
1498513477383-932264053.jpg
1498513599667249733508.jpg


1498513700393-1053945154.jpg


1498513755905-407433904.jpg


1498513800707597526811.jpg


14985138338361591730054.jpg


1498513910221-2062555890.jpg


1498513993737-1561870638.jpg


1498514153994-1376455993.jpg


14985142527811328738579.jpg


1498514296282448629863.jpg


1498514319354133507170.jpg
 
No worries mon. Took me a minute app wasn't Workin on Firefox had to use chrome.
 
Really, really cool! Are you still in Florida? Need to get Mr. Saltwatertank to take a tour!
 
Really, really cool! Are you still in Florida? Need to get Mr. Saltwatertank to take a tour!
Thanks man, I appreciate that, labor of love u know. My ultimate dream is full automated breeding system for many species totally solar powered. I'm running 1 dc pump for 3 tanks, 2 media reactors, chiller, uv. Skimmer ,chiller compressor and ca reactor only 110 v items. Lights 36v working on that.
 
And yeah I live in still home on ftmyers bch. Had to do a little sub framing too I'll show ya.
 
Hi Adam and welcome to R2R :-)

Impressive set up, I see Lightnings. :D
 
Hi Adam and welcome to R2R :)

Impressive set up, I see Lightnings. :D
Thank you, check out Beavis my profile pic. Lightnings are new w me but I'm dedicated and got the perks down to 80% + from egg so I feel I might have a chance breeding. It's fun, I'm looking to meet new people here and knowledge is in numbers right, so thanks again
 
Welcome to a fellow SW Floridian.
 
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg
 
Welcome from Miami!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top