Reefbreeder nano-lite over a 14 gallon biocube

  • Thread starter Thread starter Liba60
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Liba60

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well right now I'm looking to upgrade my kessil a150 sky blue to either a kessil a160 or reefbreedes nano-lite. I've checked all over for info on the nano-lite but couldn't find many opinions on it. I really love my a150 just want the controllability of the brightness, some of the upper corals are bleaching a bit no matter where I put the kessil on the gooseneck. The nano-lite is cheaper and I've heard great things on their photon LEDs.
Anyone have any knowledge of reefbreeder nano-lite?
My tank is really s mixture of lps/softies, with two birdsnest and monticap.
Thanks!
 
I just got this fixture a few weeks ago. I use it over a custom 5 gallon rimless that I made as my anemone healing tank after I split them. The light is very nice. Colors are awesome. It comes with an arm mount and hanging kit. As far as corals go I don't know but my anenome a love it. In my main tank I have 2 kessil a360w and the color on the nano lite makes the colors pop. Ill soon be ditching my kessils for a 48 photon supplemented by 2 36" t5's. The only think I didn't like about the nano lite is the programming. You have to have a android or iPhone to download the app to program the light. The app sometimes has trouble saving the program to the fixture. But once it's set you don't have to use it again. The spread is also great. I think the site says 2ft by 2ft but it's more like 3ft by 3ft. If they can get the programming app fixed with an update this light would be great.

image.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top