• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reefbreeder photon v2 24” 280 shipped

  • Thread starter Thread starter Velcro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2016
Messages
3,162
Reaction score
3,077
Location
Kalamazoo, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these left. Used less than 6 months. Does NOT include hanging kit, but has the tank mounting brackets and will be shipped in the original box.



This will be available to ship Wednesday 11/8.
 
Need to measure tank to make sure of the dimensions but I think it's 23.6" which should work. Will measure this afternoon and get back to you. Any experience with these for sps?
 
Need to measure tank to make sure of the dimensions but I think it's 23.6" which should work. Will measure this afternoon and get back to you. Any experience with these for sps?
yep, been running two of these over my sps tank. Here's five months growth of tierra del fuego under these fixtures with no supplementation.
Untitled-1.jpg
36B7C0E5-B83C-4701-96C7-29A2E59B64FA.jpeg




And here's my most recent album taken a week or so ago:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm9jPfnN
 
Wow gorgeous color too. If it'll fit my tank I'll take it, been looking for one for a while and this looks like a great way to kick off the sps tank.
 
Wow gorgeous color too. If it'll fit my tank I'll take it, been looking for one for a while and this looks like a great way to kick off the sps tank.

You might have some light spill on a tank that is equal too or small than the length of the fixture. This thing really does great mounted high if you like whites (12"+). If I was putting it over a 24" tank (which I was thinking about doing for a 24" frag tank) I'd probably mount it in a tall floating canopy. I had mine mounted at 16" and the color blending was just as good as T5. My radion friends couldn't believe how much better it looks than their lights when whites are high :)
 
So the tank is just about 24" wide, how high is it possible to put it with the rails? I'm currently renting so I can't really do a hanging setup from the ceiling right now.
 
So the tank is just about 24" wide, how high is it possible to put it with the rails? I'm currently renting so I can't really do a hanging setup from the ceiling right now.

The rails allow the light to go up to like 12" or so above the tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top