Reefer 170 and the xr30 Reef brite kit

Andyf30

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
375
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, question, do you think the reefer 170 can handle the weight of the mounting arm, the radion xr30 gen 5, and the xr 30 reef brite kit? Just got one, but figured I’d ask before letting it sit on the tank too long.
 
I think it's going to end up sagging. Have you looked at another RMS arm with the shortest rail to span the tank instead?
It definitely does sag some but I just angled the reef brites in. My main concern is the back glass cracking.

I have thought about the other one but I have a custom acrylic screen lid and i’d have to get another one made and theyre pricey lol
 
It definitely does sag some but I just angled the reef brites in. My main concern is the back glass cracking.

I have thought about the other one but I have a custom acrylic screen lid and i’d have to get another one made and theyre pricey lol
That would be my main concern as well.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top