Reefer 250 in the Hudson Valley, NY

Jeffrey Dunn

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2017
Messages
44
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings everyone, sharing my first marine tank. It has been quite a journey to this point between the learning process and, even more, figuring out how to manage the tank and its maintenance.

Thanks for watching!

Jeff

22338969_10100704144166427_8301456800149161500_o.jpg
 
Wow! Gorgeous tank! That frag rack looks like it's in the perfect spot. That gold torch looks GREAT!
 
Wow! Gorgeous tank! That frag rack looks like it's in the perfect spot. That gold torch looks GREAT!
Thanks! I'm quite pleased with how things are and how the reef is settling in. I'm thinking I need more frag racks... I cant control my desire to have as many little pieces of coral as possible :)

The torch is very happy. Its been a difficult to get the flow just right; still working on that.
 
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing how things progress but feeling like I need some more light.

IMG_20171016_203845-01.jpeg
 
Beautiful tank, I love that rainbow/gold torch coral hanging out on the right side. I hope mine exhibits the same amount of coloration one day!
 
Beautiful tank, I love that rainbow/gold torch coral hanging out on the right side. I hope mine exhibits the same amount of coloration one day!
You mean this guy? I think he's ok... Gold indo torch from Unique Corals. 3 heads and happy to direct feed mysis shrimp. :)

Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20170930183543-01 (1).jpeg
 
Torches like that make me want to sell every coral I have and make a torch only reef :rolleyes:

As you can see, I've dedicated a whole side of the tank to torches and the like. Exciting news is that theres a pink frogspawn and a aussie gold torch to be added soon. I'm a coral junkie... and it happened so fast ;Nailbiting
 
As you can see, I've dedicated a whole side of the tank to torches and the like. Exciting news is that theres a pink frogspawn and a aussie gold torch to be added soon. I'm a coral junkie... and it happened so fast ;Nailbiting
Coral is the new drug man and torches are like potato chips, you can't just have one!
 
Coral is the new drug man

Truer words have not been spoken!

Now here's where things get awkward. I missed work today and may have beenrelated to me staying up until 3 am setting up my dosing system. Now wasn't there something about "you have a drug problem if.... it causes you to miss work?" Yeah... don't tell my sponsor!

But on the other hand... all that goes through my mind when I say miss work is that quote from the movie office space:

"I can see you've been missing a lot of work recently Peter"

"Cant say I have been missing it Bob"
 
Some things change, others stay the same...

Whereas the display continues largely unchanged, my sump has seen some upgrades (manifold, dc pump, nyos, arid n18, filter cups, extra doser) that I thought I would share. This week I transitioned to Triton Method with a macro algae reactor but no real refugium. I am astounded at the amount of chaeto I can grow... I had no idea that there were that much available nutrients in my system. I'm still testing low levels of nutrients like before but pulling out 100 grams of chaeto every 10 days. Interested to see how this progresses. Some photos:

IMG_20171215_234750.jpg


IMG_20171225_220918.jpg
 
Sweet setup glad to see another a new Yorker [emoji4], corals and aqua scape looks good man, is there any coral shops in Hudson Valley area?
 
Are you using Core 7 Triton or Other methods with that Reactor? How are NO3 & PO4 doing? How many fish do you have. I also have a RSR 250 running Triton. I have a DIY fuge and recently added a Algae Scrubber. Interested to hear other's experiences with the same tank.'
 
Beautiful tank!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top