ReefKeeper Elite: my new favorite toy!

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2012
Messages
2,385
Reaction score
67
Location
Corn, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a used ReefKeeper Elite that came with:
1x display module
1x sl1
3x pc4 modules
1x temp probe
1x pH probe
1x float switch
1x SID v2

At first glance it was a nightmare to unplug my entire system to set this new beast up, plus it was used so all the plugs could have been anything! Lol. 2 pc4s were to be installed by the main reef for waves, lighting, and cooling while the 3rd one had to go to the basement sump. I found a very long 6 line cable to splice one of the bus cables, making sure to splice as close to the end as possible incase I want to undo it.

So after about an hour it was all swapped out and time to program. I did a quick program to get the system back online and then took the laptop to the basement to get down and dirty!
Every outlet is aptly named and set to trigger on or off during necessary times, be it an alarm or standby. This thing even controls the light to my basement since my refugium requires darkness during light off period.

Well I guess I'll see how it goes this week.
I'm getting more pc4s and hooking one up to my nano and one to my water station for complete control over planet earth, at least the fraction I own lol.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top