ReefLED and Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid?

hey .. is your red sea running well with aquatic life fixture ? i heard theres some heat issue when running it with the t5 fixture..
I run a RL90 paired with an aquatic life hybrid and i have not seen any heat issues. light is hung 10" off the water line. the RL90 i had to use spacers above the bracket because the RL90 will hang about an inch lower than the t5 light (maybe this is why some are having heat issues?). i lower the intensity of my RL90 by half during the t5 on times.
 
I run a RL90 paired with an aquatic life hybrid and i have not seen any heat issues. light is hung 10" off the water line. the RL90 i had to use spacers above the bracket because the RL90 will hang about an inch lower than the t5 light (maybe this is why some are having heat issues?). i lower the intensity of my RL90 by half during the t5 on times.

how thick is the spacer ? so now your RL90 is hung in the same level with the fixture or higher ?
 
how thick is the spacer ? so now your RL90 is hung in the same level with the fixture or higher ?
The washer is 5/8 inch. It's just a random washers I had laying around. Pretty sure they are from a TV mount kit. I planned to paint the brackets so they are black instead of silver but it was very cold out that day I did it.
 

Attachments

  • 20220405_065146.jpg
    20220405_065146.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 20220405_065133.jpg
    20220405_065133.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 116
  • 20220405_065125.jpg
    20220405_065125.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 105
The washer is 5/8 inch. It's just a random washers I had laying around. Pretty sure they are from a TV mount kit. I planned to paint the brackets so they are black instead of silver but it was very cold out that day I did it.

oh ya i see , thanks for the pict mike .. btw how long do you run them ?
 
oh ya i see , thanks for the pict mike .. btw how long do you run them ?
Currently I have been running them for 4 hours at mid day of my light schedule. I may try to run them longer in the future.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top