- Joined
- Jun 9, 2018
- Messages
- 322
- Reaction score
- 170
- What state or country do you live in
- New Jersey
Hi,
I have been running a reeflo hammerhead pump for quite some time and decided to buy a Tigershark to have a backup. I will tell you that these pumps are awesome, but running 24x7 does have a drawback with power consumption. I did notice on both of these pumps that there are specs for running at 220v which essentially will cut the power draw (amp) in half. This is very tempting and was going to run a separate 220v circuit to my basement where I have my filtration equipment, etc. Has anyone converted either of these pumps to 220v? I did send an e-mail to reeflo so will see if they respond. I was surprised to learn that even bulk reef supply did not have a contact # for them
Thanks,
Attila
I have been running a reeflo hammerhead pump for quite some time and decided to buy a Tigershark to have a backup. I will tell you that these pumps are awesome, but running 24x7 does have a drawback with power consumption. I did notice on both of these pumps that there are specs for running at 220v which essentially will cut the power draw (amp) in half. This is very tempting and was going to run a separate 220v circuit to my basement where I have my filtration equipment, etc. Has anyone converted either of these pumps to 220v? I did send an e-mail to reeflo so will see if they respond. I was surprised to learn that even bulk reef supply did not have a contact # for them
Thanks,
Attila


