Refugium light fixture and water dont do well for pH... thoughts?

ColoredRock

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2021
Messages
856
Reaction score
1,034
Location
Murrieta, CA (North of San Diego)
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was stupid... and lazy..

First some background...
  • Monitor/controller is Reef-pi with Robo Tank.
  • pH probe is not calibrated ... my Milwaukee MW102 pH and Temperature Meter reads .15 roughly above what the graphic below shows.
  • I'm Playing with Grafana/Prometheus and setting it up... this is not part of reef-pi or Robo tank.. but the great part about this solution is the flexibilty... and the heartache.. that comes with it.. I'm having a blast with it.
The high spike you see on the pH... is me putting the probe in Sodium Hydroxide (kalssawalker) Solution to cause a spike.

So messing around with something else.. ( or I will blame it on the dog ) the light fell into the sump. I chalked it up to me messing around. 50 mins or so later I went over to see the light still working.... but submerged. UGH.

Everything is fine.. FoxFaces do what the do when they stress ...greyed out but came back full color in a minute after removing the light...shot them some flake and everyone ate like pigs.

Anyway interesting for me anyways... learn by your and other mistakes. Good reason if anything to have some type of system to monitor your tank.

1643862792484.png
 
Yeah, I monitor temperature, salinity, ORP, pH and PAR for similar reasons (no lights in the tank yet, but you can always see the results of when you make a change in the sump or add aome supplement).
That is why I was setting it up... not to control as much but as more of a safe guard...
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top