Refugium - what’s in yours

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Six line wrasse, sand, rock, mangroves, chaeto, under a planted tank light, with 2 filter socks and some biomedia

no algae problems but in the beginning
 
Hard to believe there's a difference, skimmers or refugium are not 100% or 50% or 10% efficient in 1st pass at nutrient removal.
Does triton mention what stuff specifically? Macro uses mostly nitrate and phosphate (maybe ammonia) which are small molecules not removed by skimmers.
I don't work for Triton so I can't answer that. I just know they do have a preference - now are they misguided? I do not know!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top