Regal Angel Won't Eat, Advice needed!

How is your regal doing? I just got two 5-6" regals with the same white spots on the tail fin. I believe it may be lymphocystis which is common with angels. So far its only day 3 in hyposalinity and I just added some prazi as well. I offered them only mysis and also pellets which they showed no interest. Will try clams, oysters and nori soon....

 
Any update? I have a regal that is on day 4 going day 5 without eating. Came direct from Sea Dwelling Creatures. I have tried PE mysis, frozen brine, live brine, live black worms, fresh clam, frozen clam on half shell, pellets, purple nori, and masstick. No luck yet. Gonna keep trying. I still have some squid to try. Fish is very shy when I enter the room, very active when I’m not in the room. I haven’t seen him have much interest in any foods. The closest that I’ve noticed was the masstick on a clam shell, which I’ll attach to this. How long can it go without actually eating? He has no signs of any illness and is in an in medicated qt. Thanks for all and any advice.
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.mov
    19.9 MB
Any update? I have a regal that is on day 4 going day 5 without eating. Came direct from Sea Dwelling Creatures. I have tried PE mysis, frozen brine, live brine, live black worms, fresh clam, frozen clam on half shell, pellets, purple nori, and masstick. No luck yet. Gonna keep trying. I still have some squid to try. Fish is very shy when I enter the room, very active when I’m not in the room. I haven’t seen him have much interest in any foods. The closest that I’ve noticed was the masstick on a clam shell, which I’ll attach to this. How long can it go without actually eating? He has no signs of any illness and is in an in medicated qt. Thanks for all and any advice.
So I'm happy to report, he did start eating eventually, cleared QT and is thriving in my 300 gal fowlr. So they can go a decent amount of time without eating IMO. Prior to him eating for the first time, I did start him on antibiotics to clear up an external ulcer that had formed so this may have helped get him over the hump. I'd take a close look at him to make sure he's not dealing with something and treat if he is, regardless of whether or not he has eaten yet (assuming he came in fat). Spirulina did the trick for me eventually. Good luck, they are truly great additions once established!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top