Rescued Lionfish.... Need help setting up his home

I would avoid the mexican until your tank has some growth for it to eat. The bumble bee won't do anything as far as a CUC goes, and they eat the little worms and such in your sandbed, but they are super cool to watch.

Maybe this will help you...

http://reef2reef.com/ams/choosing-cleanup-crew-critters.107/
 
How is Scar doing?
Unfortunately he passed away. He was fine this weekend. Ate 4 ghost shrimp Saturday evening and was doing great. I noticed Monday evening that his eyes were a little cloudy and he was a little pale. When I got home from work yesterday he was at the bottom laying on his side and he was floating last night. I checked the water and there was no ammonia and salt lever was fine. Not sure what happened. I will not be getting another lionfish. I'm going to have a community tank with fish that are good for a tank my size. I wont be getting any fish until the end of this month. I want to make sure tank is cycled and ready for fish. :(
 
I'm so sorry. That sounds like a great plan. You did a great job with the lion, it was just a hard situation.
Thank you. I tried but its hard to rush things without stressing out the fish. I knew that going in. Now I need to decide how to get ride of that Aiptasia. Should I take the rock out of the tank to kill the Aiptasia? I'm kinda scared to do anything inside the tank..
 
I would squirt it with some lemon juice or vinegar. It's fine to do it in the tank, albeit if you remove the rock you can scrape him out.
 
So sorry to hear about Scar:( you did an awesome job.
Looking forward to seeing your tank when it's ready. :)
 
Bummer. You did all you could...
 
Sorry about Scar, kudos to you for doing as much as you did in a pinch. Please don't let that discourage you from our wonderful hobby. We are certainly glad to have you here. Keep us updated on the tank and ask plenty of questions if needed!
 
Thanks everyone. I couldn't have gotten this far without y'all's help. Now the list making begins. I love odd things like sea slugs etc. Can I have a sea slug with fish? what about with starfish and fan worms? I am cool with no fish and only inverts. but it would be cool to have both.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top