Returning to reefing in Southern Wisconsin.

Ol' Salty

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
5
Location
Southern Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
New to this forum. I'm a long time reef/marine tank hobbiest. I live in Southern Wisconsin. I got my love for the ocean while living in Southern Florida. Being a reefer just came natural from there.
Started with freshwater tanks at around 18 years old. Moved to salt tanks at 27. First reef was a Biocube 14, which was more water changes then I wanted to do. Second tank was my 75 gallon that used to house my breeder Oscars, which are long gone. Ran that system for just shy of 3 years. Had to switch out tanks after leaks started. Switched it out successfully, then 6 months later the neighbor started a fire with a cigarette causing me to lose my tank. Now 4 years later and I'm making a new go at it with a 210 gallon acrylic tank.
Almost all setup now with my largest tank I've setup. I will share a build tread once I've figured out all the photo posting processes. Keep an eye out for me and that thread. Love to share my love for the hobby with like minded souls. Stay Salty!
 
image.jpg
 
If you are looking for a local club there is the Wisconsin reef society , try to have monthly meetings around Milwaukee. There is also the Madison reef society. Don't know much about them.

Welcome to r2r!
 
Welcome to R2R. Can't wait to see the build thread.
 
Welcome home, you will love it here!!
 
Welcome to R2R
 
Thanks for welcoming me everyone. Nice to see so many here from WI, also. I'm in the Janesville area. Anyone from around the area that sell frags, I will be interested once the cycle finishes. Going to go pick up some live rock to seed my base rock tonight from Living Art, LFS in Madison. I'm chomping at the bit right now.
20160614_144713.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top