Review my lighting before i click buy.

Hybrid light options

  • 3X XR30W G4 pro

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 1X AP700

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Modify hybrid fixture and 2X GHL mitras

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • all options complete overkill

    Votes: 4 26.7%

  • Total voters
    15
I have 3 Radions XR30 Pro on my 180 gallons, with diffusers and extremely happy with them. on your tank I guess 2 will do, the diffusers gives more spread and color mixing, however they will reduce the intensity a little and that is not a problem as the radions are so powerful and gives a very high par output.
42667143565_e86fc0867d_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
I plan on running the T5, take par readings and then adjust led to desired par levels. everyone is so back and forth, "yeah 2 should work fine with the t5" or "your going to cook everything in the tank" or " 2 with the T5 wont be enough." ill set it up this weekend take par readings and go from there.
 
I have 3 Radions XR30 Pro on my 180 gallons, with diffusers and extremely happy with them. on your tank I guess 2 will do, the diffusers gives more spread and color mixing, however they will reduce the intensity a little and that is not a problem as the radions are so powerful and gives a very high par output.
42667143565_e86fc0867d_b.jpg
Your tank is beautiful by the way. very well done.
 
Should have just gone full T5 if you're going to get into sps. I wish I had done so myself sooner. LED's are missing something for Acropora.
 
Hybrids offer a variety of lighting in one housing and seems to be the winning trends these past few months
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top