Ricordia eating my zoas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luisra
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
That is one of the coolest captures (literally) I have seen. Nice camera work, and would have never thought that would happen. Good stuff.
 
Almost looks a little perverted. I wonder if it will hurt the ric at all. I got a bunch of floater I wouldnt mind getting sucked up by my rics tho. lol
 
We've had a dunkin do same thing when a polyp came loose n was a floater but hr or so later it spit it back out ill try to find pics of it hummm where's that SD card lol

Big Steve

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
 
That's pretty crazy! Never thought a shroom would eat a zoanthid. Awesome pics as well to document the carnage.
 
That's crazy man. Never seen that. One of my yumas were trying to eat one of my acans today. Or maybe it was other way around.

Let the coral wars begin lol.
 
Oh no! That stinks, i take it was a floater that got caught?? Never seen that one before!!
Yep, it was a floater! I had a few more floating around but I can't find them anymore, apparently my ricordias ate them all:tongue:

wow why didnt u help out ur zoa lol....
I thought he was going to escape, see pic #2; he trying to bail out but it didn't happen:squigglemouth:

Wow that was really cool an what prefect time to catch that
Thank you!

That is one of the coolest captures (literally) I have seen. Nice camera work, and would have never thought that would happen. Good stuff.
Gracias!!!!

mmmmm... palytoxin!! :dribble:
:dribble::dribble: LOLz it's called trippin' on palytoxin!!

That's Awesome..Great pics
Gracias!!

That was pretty epic, I can honestly say I have never seen that ever happen! Thanks
Thank you; and you're welcome!:D

Almost looks a little perverted. I wonder if it will hurt the ric at all. I got a bunch of floater I wouldnt mind getting sucked up by my rics tho. lol
Too bad you didnt have video, this would win POTM for sure!!!
It does look really weird....by the way, the ricordia is looking super healthy/bigger. I know, I should have recorded this, next time it happens I will do it.

Interesting, so much for reef safe lol
lol

We've had a dunkin do same thing when a polyp came loose n was a floater but hr or so later it spit it back out ill try to find pics of it hummm where's that SD card lol

Big Steve

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Survival of the fittest!!!!

That's pretty crazy! Never thought a shroom would eat a zoanthid. Awesome pics as well to document the carnage.
Thank you!!!

Great capture!

I had an acan eat a ricordea and a favia eat a bta.
Gracias!! I did called a friend and he told me the same thing, his acans likes to eat zoas, weird stuff!

if you look at the pics from bottom to top it looks like its giving birth! :tongue:
HAHAHAh

Incredible pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you!!! Glad you enjoyed them!

ya that was really kool, i hope others make it ok lol
I was expecting the same, but I can't find the other floater, I guess they became ricordia's food:tongue:

Lol what kind of zoa was it? how expensive was the snack?
I really don't know which one... my emerald crabs have been propagating my zoas without management approval LOL I'm almost sure it was a PE type because that colony has many polyps that are MIA

That's crazy man. Never seen that. One of my yumas were trying to eat one of my acans today. Or maybe it was other way around.

Let the coral wars begin lol.

You should have taken a few pics of it. This are "extraordinary events" in our tanks, unusual in nature and infrequent in occurrence.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top