Ritteri/Magnific Anemone Questions/Concerns

BigKid4788

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
959
Reaction score
613
Location
Cincinnati, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a magnific/ritteri anemone now since Sept 2020. About 2 weeks ago I noticed the mouth not tight. Upon further review it appears that the mouth has either torn or it is starting to split (read rare in this type of anemone). I'm looking for some insight/guidance. Little bit about system

currently in 60 gallon frag tank (hooked to larger system 400 total gallons)
(2) clowns and a leopard wrasse are only fish in system. Wrasse rarely around anemone
EOW water changes of 80-90 gallons
Alk 7.4 (Trident, checked against Salifert)
Mag- 1320
Ca- 420
PO4 - .06-.08 (Hanna)
NO3- 2.5- 5
temp 78
salinity- 35 (refractometer & Icecap digital)

95% of the tentacles are full. Only tentacles around split are deflated. Anemone doesn't inflate/deflate. I haven't fed since I purchased. I feed the clowns 2x day in hopes they may feed. i've attached a couple pictures. I know there not the best but I didn't want to handle the anemone to get better pics. I have Cipro as well as a small tank, heater and light if I need to treat. Appreciate any feedback.
Bigkid4788

IMG_0296.jpg IMG_0297.jpg
 
It is a beautiful Magnifica. It does not look sick to me. I would just watch it. It need fairy string light and circulation.
when they divide, they look bad with partial deflation the. Dilated mouth, then you will see a hole all the way down to the rock. This hole enlarge and the anemone rip apart.
maybe your anemone is dividing. I recommend just watching him for now.
 
Welcome to R2R! You came to the right place.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top