Rock Anem won’t come off rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter kred47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

kred47

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2022
Messages
113
Reaction score
49
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

so I have my rock anem still in my 7 gallon Nano, but I’ve since upgraded to a 30 gallon cube. I really want to move him over but he won’t come off the rock he’s on. I’ve tried everything from massaging him off, holding the rock above the water and placing a power head directly on him. After all of that he still won’t come off. Also the power head has been focused on him for 3 days now and still no movement. Does anyone have a trick to get these guys to come loose?
 
Did you just hold above water or did you flip him upside down above water and let gravity make him let go?
 
Search nem cannon on the forum.
 
@Eagle_Steve you got your anemone remover link available?
Always have it handy lol.

For rfa, best to use 1”- 1 1/2” pipe. Also be sure it is at an angle to prevent nem from getting light.

 
Did you just hold above water or did you flip him upside down above water and let gravity make him let go?
Flipped him upside down and held it there for a bout a minute. He still wouldn’t let go
 
Always have it handy lol.

For rfa, best to use 1”- 1 1/2” pipe. Also be sure it is at an angle to prevent nem from getting light.

Perfect, thank you Steve and everyone else. Gonna give it a try
 
For baby RFA's, I make a little epoxy snake, circle it around the nem, then close off the top leaving just a small little crack. If it has no other outlet, it'll crawl out the crack after a day or two to reach the light.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top