Rock flower anemone & ricordea: CoralRX?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Judi M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Judi M

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2019
Messages
74
Reaction score
182
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i use CoralRX dip on rock flower anemones and ricordea?
 
Can i use CoralRX dip on rock flower anemones and ricordea?
Generally, there should be no need for Coral RX on an anemone. GENERALLY is the caveat. If it is attached to a rock I would use the ice trick to get it to detach and place without a rock. Pest usually can't hitch-hike a ride on a nem as there is no hard surface for them to cling to, just the rock if attached. Just use some DT water and give her a good but gentle blast with a turkey baster after acclimation and prior to putting in DT. Discard said water that you baster the nem in, of course. I'm not sure about the ricordea though. On the other hand, I have not heard of any long term negative consequences with dipping nems or ricordea with, specifically, CoralRX. It's a personal call but all the research I can glean on that particular product is that it is safe. You can and I would, contact the manufacturer to just be doubly certain. Let us know what they say.
 
Generally, there should be no need for Coral RX on an anemone. GENERALLY is the caveat. If it is attached to a rock I would use the ice trick to get it to detach and place without a rock. Pest usually can't hitch-hike a ride on a nem as there is no hard surface for them to cling to, just the rock if attached. Just use some DT water and give her a good but gentle blast with a turkey baster after acclimation and prior to putting in DT. Discard said water that you baster the nem in, of course. I'm not sure about the ricordea though. On the other hand, I have not heard of any long term negative consequences with dipping nems or ricordea with, specifically, CoralRX. It's a personal call but all the research I can glean on that particular product is that it is safe. You can and I would, contact the manufacturer to just be doubly certain. Let us know what they say.

Thank you, I will do that!
 
I have at least 12 rock flowers and a couple of rics and I have not dipped any of them. They were not attached to anything when I got them.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top