Rock Thief! My Living Bulldozer

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2022
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
7,683
Location
The Villages
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked over at the tank and saw one of my Zoa frags (with rock they are on) moving slowly along the front of the tank. Sure enough, my little 2” bull dozer urchin was dragging them to a new location. The rock is three times bigger than the urchin. Second time I’ve had to detach it from a big rock he was dragging around. I’m thinking it’s time to trade him in for a smaller model. He gets any bigger and who knows what he’ll start dragging around the tank.

B5A28E57-12D3-4BD0-B1CF-D1C1ED971C85.jpeg
 
Yesterday, I witnessed a battle between my smallest urchin and one of my biggest snails. Should have gotten pictures. The urchin was trying to pluck the snail off of the glass to carry it around. They're pretty close to the same size, and the battle seemed to last forever. It seemed the urchin would win, but the next time I checked, the snail was cruising along wearing the urchin.
 
My Female Bellus angelfish spends a lot of time hovering over the urchin looking at it. Not sure, but seems like she’s trying to figure out how to attack and make a meal out of it. Those spines are pretty thick, so I think it’s safe. She’ll just have to be content with chasing Chromis around the tank.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top