RockyTopReefer's 29 Gallon Biocube Nano Reef Progress Thread

RockyTopReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2015
Messages
45
Reaction score
61
Location
Knoxville, Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it was about time I create a thread documenting my progress as I continue to seriously get into the hobby. I've moderately been in the hobby for coming up on 4 years, but have only recently (within the past year) invested the time and money needed for a seriously beautiful, thriving reef tank. Just getting used to the whole forum thing, but expect some pictures and documentation of my 29 gallon Coralife Biocube soon. Most recent upgrade: Kessil A160WE! Can't wait to get this thread up and running! Thanks for viewing, happy reefing!
 
Keep us posted on the build. Seems like a lot of biocubes are being used right now. I want to see how that looks with the kessil lights. I used a rapidled retro kit myself.
 
Yes, please keep us posted and we need pics!! :)
 
Welcome to R2R!
 
Update

Wow! Thanks for the replies, everyone. Very friendly. Been busy the past few days, but I managed to snap some pictures of my recent upgrades. A couple weeks ago, I went from Rapid LEDs to the new Kessil A160WE, and let me tell you, it's worth every penny. The shimmer and color is second to none. Plus, I was able to fully program it on my VDM via Apex for a nice dawn, dusk effect. Just yesterday, I snagged a pair of BRS 1.1ml/min dosing pumps for my two part. Got a good deal at $45 each I thought, so why not. And guess what.. MORe upgrades on the way! Just ordered the inTank media basket, new chemipure Blue (always used elite, but it appears this stuff is better), and to top it all off (no pun intended,) the Tunze nano osmolator 3152. Those will all arrive on Saturday. Here are some pics of the setup. Soon I will show everyone some pictures of my livestock. Very happy with my Biocube right now. It's nice cause it seems like I'm never completely happy with everything. Just need to do some wire management under the stand soon. More to come! Sorry for picture quality, taken with iPhone 5s.
image1 (2).jpg
image2 (1).jpg
image3.jpg
Just testing the new dosers with RODI water until I get the proper amount dialed in.
image5.jpg
image4.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top