Roses are red but my sponge is blue!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2022
Messages
5,457
Reaction score
7,968
Location
Easton
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright...I’m done with the cheesy titles lol! I got this awesome blue sponge a small section of the mother colony because I wanted to see how it does as I know it’s a more difficult sponge to keep and it came with a micro brittle! :star-struck:
2656357B-5482-4D09-BDAA-4EE9842B78E3.jpeg
A0496CD2-5C12-4074-AD22-8BAFAAFF4F06.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Alright...I’m done with the cheesy titles lol! I got this awesome blue sponge a small section of the mother colony because I wanted to see how it does as I know it’s a more difficult sponge to keep and it came with a micro brittle! :star-struck:
2656357B-5482-4D09-BDAA-4EE9842B78E3.jpeg
A0496CD2-5C12-4074-AD22-8BAFAAFF4F06.jpeg
Forget cool sponge, that whole tank is beautiful, do you have a build thread for it?
What inverts/fish do you have in there?
 
I do! It’s home to Leonardo Da Pinchi the purple reef lobster and lots of various macroalgae and sponges! https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-new-and-improved-lobster-tank.936396/
Hi AydenLincoln,

Fantastic to see the sponges in your tank! How long have they been in there? I have been keeping blue sponges and other sponges for a few years now. At first it was a challenging road with mixed success. But now I think it's safe to say I know the sponge and it's requirements very well, although always room for knowledge. I've had these sponges growing and reproducing in my tanks when the nutrients and conditions are right.

Do you see new growth? What are you feeding for bacterioplankton? I've used a high concentration acetic acid and kz spongepower. Spongexcel for the silicate. Algaebarn Pns probio and yellosno are also good. I dose phytoplankton daily.

Happy to see someone else here keeping the blue sponge.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top