- Joined
- May 1, 2019
- Messages
- 31
- Reaction score
- 51
- Location
- Brussels - Belgium
- What state or country do you live in
- Other International
Hello everyone
An opportunity just popped up. I can by a second hand Red Sea Max Nano for not too much money.
However, the tank doesn't come with the standard AI HD Prime LED system (55W), it comes with the Aqua Medic Ocean Light Twin system, 2x18Watts. This seems to be on the lower end for me, however, I find a lot of mixed information about the minimum required wattage for reef tanks.
There is a big discrepancy between the Dutch websites I frequent, where they state you need at least 0,5W/L (=0,5W per 0,26G) and some English websites that pop up when I Google this question.
This is roughly 1.8W/gallon. Is this considered to be sufficient for a reef tank these days? Id want a mixed tank with LPS and softies in the lower regions and some easy SPS high up in the tank.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and greetings
Niels
An opportunity just popped up. I can by a second hand Red Sea Max Nano for not too much money.
However, the tank doesn't come with the standard AI HD Prime LED system (55W), it comes with the Aqua Medic Ocean Light Twin system, 2x18Watts. This seems to be on the lower end for me, however, I find a lot of mixed information about the minimum required wattage for reef tanks.
There is a big discrepancy between the Dutch websites I frequent, where they state you need at least 0,5W/L (=0,5W per 0,26G) and some English websites that pop up when I Google this question.
This is roughly 1.8W/gallon. Is this considered to be sufficient for a reef tank these days? Id want a mixed tank with LPS and softies in the lower regions and some easy SPS high up in the tank.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and greetings
Niels



