sailfin blenny picking on my watchman goby

rich nyc

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2016
Messages
556
Reaction score
494
Location
NYC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this blenny for a year. I got a watchman goby and it was picking at it and now I have not seen him for a week. I do have a screen top as I don't want to lose my fish from jumping so I know he is there. Not sure if i should just put my blenny in the fuge but the fuge is sort of like a prison imo.
 
I have had this blenny for a year. I got a watchman goby and it was picking at it and now I have not seen him for a week. I do have a screen top as I don't want to lose my fish from jumping so I know he is there. Not sure if i should just put my blenny in the fuge but the fuge is sort of like a prison imo.
Yup you'll have to pick one and remove...they're similar enough in looks to not get along in a smaller tank...
 
Just worried because the last time I tried to catch a fish my royal gramma jumped out of the tank. Ugh
 
Just worried because the last time I tried to catch a fish my royal gramma jumped out of the tank. Ugh

Sorry to hear, it's a hassle. My kole tang decided to pick on a lawnmower blenny after ~2yrs and I pretty much had to tear everything down to catch it...
can try traps, though I've never been successful. I've seen videos of people using bottles for blennies and gobbies but I had no luck...
 
Thanks all. I had to take out all my rocks but it is in my 20 gallon nano tank and was able to sell it within 1 hour of catching by posting on manhattan reefs. on a positive note, I thought I only had one peppermint shrimp but I have 2 and the watchman looks great and was lying next to my tiger pistol shrimp.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top