Salifert and seachem ammonia disagree?

fisherdonk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 31, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
50
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My seachem tag says "SAFE" levels of ammonia. However my saliert test shows unsafe levels at ~0.25 mg/L. What's up with this? Is it because I have high nitrate/nitrate?
I used Prime to "detoxify", wondering if it affects salifert nitrate or ammonia readings?
 
I do trust the tag actually, because this has been the current state for 4 days. Tag changed from alert to safe after prime, but not salifert.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top