Say Hello To Our New Protein Skimmer!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2008
Messages
66,258
Reaction score
68,434
Location
Orlando, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This beast will be going on one of our coral systems!!!! It's HUGE!!!!!

Acans01-1.jpg


Acans04.jpg


Acans03.jpg


Acans02.jpg
 
Nice,that should get some good work done!
Was it only $7.99?!?!?!!?! :snicker:
 
Nice,that should get some good work done!
Was it only $7.99?!?!?!!?! :snicker:

haha!I was gonna say the same thing,haha

Thats a very nice skimmer guys!I love my reef octo,I like their products!
 
Nice looking skimmer. Question - on the bottom of the collection cup, I see two drains. It looks like one drains straight from the bottom (for a waste container). What is the second one? It looks like the tube is taller - is that just a backup? Never seen that design before.
 
Did I read that right? xp 8000? Someone should stand next to that thing so we can get a real idea of how big it is;)
 
she is a beauty , but does she put out would love to see her in action . what size tank will that handle ? lets say full sps heavy bio-load?
 
your picture (for once) does not quite do that beast justice... i went to twinspot_'s link, that things a monster
 
Nice looking skimmer. Question - on the bottom of the collection cup, I see two drains. It looks like one drains straight from the bottom (for a waste container). What is the second one? It looks like the tube is taller - is that just a backup? Never seen that design before.

That's where you hook up the hose to use from the fire hydrant across the street. Lol
 
Nice looking skimmer. Question - on the bottom of the collection cup, I see two drains. It looks like one drains straight from the bottom (for a waste container). What is the second one? It looks like the tube is taller - is that just a backup? Never seen that design before.

My guess would be a last resort drain. It looks like it is just below the cup so our skimm mate can't over flow back into the neck.
 
Nice,that should get some good work done!
Was it only $7.99?!?!?!!?! :snicker:

Thanks! LOL!! YUP! Only 7.99!!!

That's a beast!

Thanks!

haha!I was gonna say the same thing,haha

Thats a very nice skimmer guys!I love my reef octo,I like their products!

Should skim really well. We like Reef Octo too!

Nice looking skimmer. Question - on the bottom of the collection cup, I see two drains. It looks like one drains straight from the bottom (for a waste container). What is the second one? It looks like the tube is taller - is that just a backup? Never seen that design before.

Thanks! No clue, but I'll ask one of the guys here.

Did I read that right? xp 8000? Someone should stand next to that thing so we can get a real idea of how big it is;)

Yup. I'll get a pic with a soda can next to it tomorrow.

Wow its huge!!! Looks taller than me!!!

Not quite, but close! LOL!

This is the skimmer I got, and it's a beast. With my current 800gal volume, it's not even running its full potential. check out the link below for the size reference.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/55840-twinspots_gobys-new-system.html

VERY NICE Bro!

That's crazy! So, out of curiousity how much does a skimmer like that run?

ONLY $7.99!!! :xd:

she is a beauty , but does she put out would love to see her in action . what size tank will that handle ? lets say full sps heavy bio-load?

Not sure, but we are gonna put it to work. That's for sure!

your picture (for once) does not quite do that beast justice... i went to twinspot_'s link, that things a monster

I know! New pic coming tomorrow for size reference.

That's where you hook up the hose to use from the fire hydrant across the street. Lol

lol!!!!!
 
the second tube in the collection cup has 2 purposes:
the first is kind've a safety shut off. when the skimmate gets high enough it start sucking in water and stops bubble production which lowers the level in the column.
the second is (what coralvue said) to draw in humid air which makes your skimmer work more effiecently
not sure if the second is true or not
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top