Schedule 80 slipxslip bulkheads - where to find them.

  • Thread starter Thread starter bryanr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I am still loving the bulkheads, only problem was the 1.5" were out of stock for 6 months. I finally got them last week and the two new tanks that have been blocking my way in the basement are finally being plumbed. They work great on the acrylic tanks I got. The guy working on the tanks today hadn't seen them and loved how easy they were to install.
 
thanks! This is my issue, I have 1.75" return holes and they are in-between the sizes. Not sure if I could fit a 1" bulk head or need the 3/4" bulk head.
 
I am still loving the bulkheads, only problem was the 1.5" were out of stock for 6 months. I finally got them last week and the two new tanks that have been blocking my way in the basement are finally being plumbed. They work great on the acrylic tanks I got. The guy working on the tanks today hadn't seen them and loved how easy they were to install.
did you get them from coralvue?
 
Yes, got them from coralvue. They have a hole size recommendation in mm at the bottom of the page. so you are probably looking at a 1" bulkhead, you could always give them a call, they were great when I spoke with them about them long ago.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong in my conversion from inches to mm...it's early for me lol)

Glass/Acrylic Recommended Hole Size
1/2in = 29-32mm
3/4in = 32-34mm
1in = 42-43mm
1.25in = 48-50mm
1.5in = 60-62mm
2in = 72-75mm
 
Yes, got them from coralvue. They have a hole size recommendation in mm at the bottom of the page. so you are probably looking at a 1" bulkhead, you could always give them a call, they were great when I spoke with them about them long ago.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong in my conversion from inches to mm...it's early for me lol)

Glass/Acrylic Recommended Hole Size
1/2in = 29-32mm
3/4in = 32-34mm
1in = 42-43mm
1.25in = 48-50mm
1.5in = 60-62mm
2in = 72-75mm
Thanks for the response! Yes my hole is 44.45mm (1.75"). I have reached out, but waiting for a response.

Thanks!!
 
Just put a little silicone grease or molycote on the O -rings.
Be Careful with Silicone Grease, use as little as possible in your tank. Silicone Grease, will slow or stop your Skimmer from working. Never use it on your Skimmer Parts.
 
Yes, got them from coralvue. They have a hole size recommendation in mm at the bottom of the page. so you are probably looking at a 1" bulkhead, you could always give them a call, they were great when I spoke with them about them long ago.

(someone correct me if I'm wrong in my conversion from inches to mm...it's early for me lol)

Glass/Acrylic Recommended Hole Size
1/2in = 29-32mm
3/4in = 32-34mm
1in = 42-43mm
1.25in = 48-50mm
1.5in = 60-62mm
2in = 72-75mm
Did you go slipxslip if so, any issues cementing the PVC?
 
Thanks for the response! Yes my hole is 44.45mm (1.75"). I have reached out, but waiting for a response.

Thanks!!
Reviving this thread as I am having the same questions. Did you get a response on using with your 1.75” hole?

Also, for those with the 1" Reef Octopus Bulkhead from CoralView, what is the outer diameter of the nut on back?
 
Last edited:
Reviving this thread as I am having the same questions. Did you get a response on using with your 1.75” hole?

Also, for those with the 1" Reef Octopus Bulkhead from CoralView, what is the outer diameter of the nut on back?
I replied to your PM. They worked for me. I sent coralvue a facebook message and they got back!
 
I replied to your PM. They worked for me. I sent coralvue a facebook message and they got back!
Thanks. I also just got a response from Reef Octopus that the 1” VP-25S is good with a 1.75” hole.

On that same basis, I’d bet that the 1-1/4” VP-30S would fit nicely in a standard 2” hole.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top