Schnitzels ATI 5x24 T5/LED HYBRID

Thanks for tthe list! So did that add one additional power cord plug or two?
 
do you have any photos of the unit plugged in? any photos of the tank with all bulbs and leds on, how about just leds? did the acrylic shield fit over the bulbs and leds?

sorry for the questions but im very interested in doing this to my 36" 6 bulb fixture.
 
Looks great! Where did you get LEDs and drivers? Do you use 60 degree optics on your display?
 
do you have any photos of the unit plugged in? any photos of the tank with all bulbs and leds on, how about just leds? did the acrylic shield fit over the bulbs and leds?

sorry for the questions but im very interested in doing this to my 36" 6 bulb fixture.

Read the thread amigo. Most of Your questions will be answered.

Builds not done yet
 
upamuhuz.jpg


atutu8a2.jpg
 
nice. I have been considering something like this for awhile, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Was just gonna put it on each side of fixture. Thanks for the info.
 
nice. I have been considering something like this for awhile, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Was just gonna put it on each side of fixture. Thanks for the info.

There's pros and cons to doing it both ways. If u add the LEDs on the outside of the fixture, it doesn't look as good BUT u get more bulbs. (Which also means more bulbs to change out and more electricity)

By adding the LEDs inside the fixture, it looks super clean but u lose 2 bulbs. (Which means less electricity but not as many t5s). IMO the LEDs make up for the missing t5 bulbs and then some. The LEDs pack more punch then t5s.
 
I am using an aquatic fixture, so would just replace the blue light?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
 
Overall I'd same I'm super happy with this build. Turned out better then I had hoped. And for the amount of money and time I have invested, it's a pretty good deal.

The shimmer from the LEDs is so awesome, even in a little frag tank. SPS seem to be adjusting well. I'm now only running the t5s for 5 hours a day, and LEDs for 12. I think the Luxeon LEDs put out a much better color then the bridgelux.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top