Scribbled: to buy or not to buy

Sleepingtiger

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2020
Messages
755
Reaction score
758
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my LFS just got in a 6-7" male scribbled angel from Aussie. Beautiful fish. Eating well even though extremely shy. they are asking $600 for the fish. What do you all think? Yay or nay?

fish are fed strictly frozen mysis, brine, chopped shrimp, nori with garlic and selcon mixed in.

Current inhabitants

4" emperor
4" blue face
4" asfur
2.5" flame (real *****)
5" sailfin
4" scopas

I have on order and should arrive tomorrow

4" majestic angel
4" moorish idol
3" white tail tang
 
Last edited:
my LFS just got in a 6-7" male scribbled from Aussie. Beautiful fish. Eating well even though extremely shy. they are asking $600 for the fish. What do you all think? Yay or nay?

fish are fed strictly frozen mysis, brine, chopped shrimp, nori with garlic and selcon mixed in.

Current inhabitants

4" emperor
4" blue face
4" asfur
2.5" flame (real *****)
5" sailfin
4" scopas

I have on order and should arrive tomorrow

4" majestic angel
4" moorish idol
3" white tail tang
Scribbled boxfish? If your tanks big enough than go for it, just make sure he dosent get overcrowded at feeding
 
Just a quick check would seem to indicate that's not a bad price for one (scribbled angelfish). I have 5 angels in my tank (including a 6-7" emperor) and a half dozen or so wrasses and tangs and they generally all get along. The emperor is definitely "top dog" (or "top d**k", depending on your viewpoint) in my tank.
 
As it turns out I'm an idiot, scribbled angelfish. Looks like angelfish do good in your setup, you already have alot of large angels so keep an eye on those nutrients, again, go for it! Just watch for aggression
 
i was hoping the for the tang police and angel police to tell me how bad my emperor, blue face, asfur, sailfin will be.

I dropped $500 for a scribbled before and it died within 4 days. It didn't look very healthy in quarantine so I desperately add it to the display. It died a day later.
 
i was hoping the for the tang police and angel police to tell me how bad my emperor, blue face, asfur, sailfin will be.

I dropped $500 for a scribbled before and it died within 4 days. It didn't look very healthy in quarantine so I desperately add it to the display. It died a day later.
Sorry to hear about your last scribbled, second times the charm, if you do get him, I wish you luck! (Though make sure your tank can handle that)
 
my LFS just got in a 6-7" male scribbled angel from Aussie. Beautiful fish. Eating well even though extremely shy. they are asking $600 for the fish. What do you all think? Yay or nay?

fish are fed strictly frozen mysis, brine, chopped shrimp, nori with garlic and selcon mixed in.

Current inhabitants

4" emperor
4" blue face
4" asfur
2.5" flame (real *****)
5" sailfin
4" scopas

I have on order and should arrive tomorrow

4" majestic angel
4" moorish idol
3" white tail tang
I would go for it assuming your tank is giant. You’ll also want to add a second and maybe third similar bodied fish (or even angel) when adding that majestic as it may get beaten on during introduction.
 
my LFS just got in a 6-7" male scribbled angel from Aussie. Beautiful fish. Eating well even though extremely shy. they are asking $600 for the fish. What do you all think? Yay or nay?

fish are fed strictly frozen mysis, brine, chopped shrimp, nori with garlic and selcon mixed in.

Current inhabitants

4" emperor
4" blue face
4" asfur
2.5" flame (real *****)
5" sailfin
4" scopas

I have on order and should arrive tomorrow

4" majestic angel
4" moorish idol
3" white tail tang
That’s some evo 13.5 stocking list. Lol. Great fish list already. if it looks clean, it’s eating, and u have a Qt or get Qt stock then why not. Adding them same time may help them mitigate possible aggression.
 
I would go for it assuming your tank is giant. You’ll also want to add a second and maybe third similar bodied fish (or even angel) when adding that majestic as it may get beaten on during introduction.

when you say giant, I assume 6' tank is sufficient.

Honestly, i plan to get rid of my RS 750 XXL soon and get a 7' aquarium. Probably a 240g. Right now, my house is under renovations so it will have to wait. I am thinking another year or so.

I thought about adding another fish similar to the majestic to reduce the aggression on one fish. However, the poma wasn't available. I thought about a French or a blue ring.
 
when you say giant, I assume 6' tank is sufficient.

Honestly, i plan to get rid of my RS 750 XXL soon and get a 7' aquarium. Probably a 240g. Right now, my house is under renovations so it will have to wait. I am thinking another year or so.

I thought about adding another fish similar to the majestic to reduce the aggression on one fish. However, the poma wasn't available. I thought about a French or a blue ring.
6' is pretty big, 120? 180? 225? How many gallons? Though you would be pushing it, that's alot of big fish
 
6' is pretty big, 120? 180? 225? How many gallons? Though you would be pushing it, that's alot of big fish
160g tank, 200g system

I do have a 12' 560g aquarium i can convert from cichlids to saltwater. However, I can't imagine the cost to keep that tank running.
 
one of my all time favourite large angel and 600$ is not expensive ( here in Thailand it's around 800 )
especially when he get adapted , he will be one of the most active / show-off and chasing hand fish to your tank

only 6" may be quite big for 160G .
 
With those 3 large angels already, I would not in a 200 gallon.
 
With those 3 large angels already, I would not in a 200 gallon.

I wish they were large. Unfortunately they are small and grow out is taking forever. We Are already getting our funds ready for next tank. Worst case, I place them in my 12’ 560g tank
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top