For now, still enjoying the challenge, but I think some musical chairs with the LPS may be in order and bump up the flow. The torches and goniopora handle the flow well. The meatier LPS like the acanthophylia and welsophylia, not so much.
This is precisely what I'm experiencing. The polyps on all the corals are moving well everywhere, but this particular coral is trapping the detritus. I have it low deliberately to avoid the shading issue, and like the aesthetic in this location.
I do have another location where it will receive more direct flow without causing any shading issues that ultimately I think I'm going to try. After growing it out, I would be disappointed to have to frag it. I may not have a choice, if I don't do something the colony will develop problems. So far this is a new issue that has only recently come up, so no real problem yet.
I go the last frag from
@snipersps, he called it Big red. Not sure what species it is, but it's a bright red and looks good in daylights and blues.