Yes, I use
@ctenophore 's Avast plank, and it's been instrumental in allowing me to maintain these fish. I've fed the tank with the feeder up to eight times / day. Currently, six times per day with the feeder and twice a day with frozen. It's also been helpful in fattening up my leopard wrasse and other fish that are best suited to eating frequently.
I feel obligated to mention Purple queen anthias, tukas and pascalus, come with some additional reading before attempting because they are considered particularly challenging to get to eat. They were a dream fish for me so I went to additional lengths to have the best chance at success.
They didn't start eating freeze dried food, and I had hatched a massive quantity of baby brine shrimp to elicit a feeding a response for the first month. Gradually I was able to train them to accept larger food. I deliberately added these fish to the system early prior to most of the tangs or any wrasses. This was so that they would feel more comfortable coming out into the open as they can be a more timid fish. I also added a larger number with twelve fish initially. I lost two in the first month, the other ten continue to do well after a year. I suspect if I added them to the system now with its current energy level, the fish would be more likely to be intimidated and my chances of success would go down.
Here are a couple links in case of interest. The article by Matt Wandell is the best one to give a sense of potential husbandry requirements for this species.
Boldly Colored Beauties: The Tuka Anthias - By Matthew Wandell Photos by Richard Ross One of my first experiences with the Tuka Anthias (Pseudanthias tuka) was seeing a shoal of these bright purple
reefs.com
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted, but the hiatus ends today with another Awesome Fish Spotlight. This time we feature not one, but two species as we draw attention to Pseudanthias pascalus and…
reefbuilders.com
Regarding the bimacs, if they were feeding, and it was just an issue of frequency of feeding, I think the plank would address that nicely. I feed primarily freeze dried mysis. The plank doesn't require a controller, but in my system I have it programmed through the apex. Happy to share my programming if you go that route.