I'm still waiting for consumption to go up to add my calcium reactor. I'm really excited to get it going, but I definitely bought it way too early for my tank. I'm happy I followed
@ScottB's advice and added a kalk stirrer first. The pH is stable now at 8.2-8.4.
Here is an overlay with the kalk dosing. I'm currently adding 2 liters of kalk a day. I'm not planning on changing this volume and have been gradually increasing the amount of dosing to account for increases in consumption as the corals grow.
I dose most of the kalk in the evening from 6 pm to midnight which does help flatten the pH curve to a degree. Initially, I was adding more overnight to flatten the pH curve more, but this was leading to more fluctuation in the alkalinity since the tank has very little consumption from midnight to 6 am. For that reason, I adjusted the amount of kalk in the intervals to flatten the alkalinity curve as much as possible. Interesting that most of the consumption occurs after the most intense lighting period and not during. The alkalinity ranges between 7.7 and 8.1 dKH in a given week and generally less than 0.2 dKH in a given day.
I also added a conductivity probe to measure the potency of the kalk solution, and have found that following Avast's instructions works best. I simply add half a cup of kalk to the reactor every two weeks based on the volume of kalk solution I am adding weekly.