Second opinions on new tank stock list

Phillip Capewell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
10
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Currently planning my stocking list for the new 1500L (400gal) peninsula build.

Wouldn’t mind the R2R hive mind taking a look for a second opinion!


Batch 1-
  • Royal gramma
  • Black leopard wrasse
  • Tamarin wrasse
  • Juvenile Regal tang
  • Juvenile Sailfin tang
  • Pair Black Snowflake Clowns
Batch 2-
  • Melanarus wrasse
  • Lineatus wrasse
  • Achilles Tang
Batch 3-
  • Tomini Tang
  • Juvenile Yellow Tang
  • Male Mandarin
Batch 4-
  • 8x Purple queen Anthias


I only have reservations between Achilles-regal and the sailfin-yellow but I think the tank size should be able to disperse any aggression even when they reach 8”

My other concern is that I am planning on a bare bottom set up, this is obviously an issue with some of the wrasses. I have planned a section of the tank near the non viewable wier 20”x10” to have a 3” sand bed held in a basket to enable easy removal and cleaning. Basket itself will be sunk and won’t be visible. Will this be enough sand for the wrasse stock?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.
 
any thing is a risk..but regal and yellow tang should be fine in a 400 gallon tank.

My tank is only 240 gallons and I have a regal tang,chevron tang.2 yellow tangs and a lieutenant tang in it and have not had an issues..other than the Chevron is jerk..lol
 
Resistance is futile .....

Got some major husbandry challenges on that list. I’d not suggest even thinking Achilles unless you plan to do rigorous quarantine on all fish. Black leopard is my personal impossible-to-keep (I have no major issues with other leopards); tuka is everyone’s impossible-to-keep.
 
Resistance is futile .....

Got some major husbandry challenges on that list. I’d not suggest even thinking Achilles unless you plan to do rigorous quarantine on all fish. Black leopard is my personal impossible-to-keep (I have no major issues with other leopards); tuka is everyone’s impossible-to-keep.

Tuka?
 
Tuka = purple queen (could be pascalus also, though equally impossible to keep).
 
Tuka = purple queen (could be pascalus also, though equally impossible to keep).

Ah ok. Well I have had a black leopard in my current tank for about a year with no issues at all.

First batch is some of my current stock from current tank. I do plan on building a QT set up but not sure how much space I will have to play with hence small batches.

I didn’t really foresee the anthias being an issue once an auto feeder etc is set up. What issues are people coming across with them?
 
Mainly that they just don’t eat, or if they do, they require very small prey items provided almost continuously. They will almost certainly not eat pellets. There are much better anthias choices.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top