Seeking setting suggestions for Hydra 26 HD's on my E-260

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phil D.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2019
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
1,444
Location
Gilbert, AZ
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I'm currently running my AI Hydra 26 HDs at the settings Red Sea recommends except for the whites, which I have set at 25%. I had a chalice coral on the sandbed and it bleached out, and a green birdsnest that also bleached out. Currently I have a blasto sitting on the sand that isn't brown on the outside like it's supposed to be.
Otherwise, my millipora, montipora spungode, digitate, Maxima clam, scoly, duncans, zoas and anemone look to be doing ok.
Suggestions?
Thanks!!

IMG_20190330_1435390.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ive seen people and BRS talking about the radion AB+ settings. I just set up my 26's so i cant comment how it works but it is what im gonna try. Maybe do a search here and on brstv about it.
Percentages are:
Uv 118
V 101
Rb 82
B. 65
G. 6
R. 5
W. 19
 
I would recommend looking at the Red Sea reef spec settings at whatever the right intensity would be for your tank.
They suggest all the Blues at max, (like 115%) and whites at 60%.
 
Here is my current schedule. Waiting for tank to mature fully and get po4 down to my target zone, so my tank is mostly euphyllia, LPS, and mushrooms for now. Not even a monti or Lepto yet... heres my schedule. I get great result with mine.

11" from water surface.

20190406_181738.jpg
 
I'm running the AB+ BRS set for the hydra 26Hd for about 4 months and it is working great. I have spent the past two years since I bought the hydra trying to find the sweet spot for my red sea reefer 350 mixed tank.
 
Hi, really nice tank. I would not go with the Red Sea recommendation because it cannot account for corals you keep.

The HD series has download capabilities. You can download from their site, even others that use AI. You can also check Brs and ecolab for the ab schedule which is really good.

Visit the AI site, don’t forget to run acclimation if the settings you use now are less than the levels downloaded

http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top